Author Topic: Eddie House  (Read 6716 times)

Re: Eddie House
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 11:43:53 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The only problem with House out there, Pierce ran the offense. 

Running the pick and roll at that point with Pierce and KG is not good.  Both defenders are much taller then Pierce and quick enough to keep him bottled up.  Lead to to many TOs. 

Not House's fault, but an issue. 

It is House's fault that they go to that play (any type of Pierce creates play I mean). They go that because he can't consistently create .... but it doesn't matter. He helps the side in other important ways to justify his presence.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Running the pick and roll at that point with Pierce and KG is not good.  Both defenders are much taller then Pierce and quick enough to keep him bottled up.  Lead to to many TOs. 

It is House's fault that they go to that play (any type of Pierce creates play I mean). They go that because he can't consistently create .... but it doesn't matter. He helps the side in other important ways to justify his presence.

It is not House fault because they can go to a different offensive strategy. 

Get the ball to KG and let him create. 

Run a pick and roll with Pierce where on of the defenders is smaller then him. 

Adjust the offense to put the ball in the hands of the best player in a position to succeed. 

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 12:18:49 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Adjust the offense to put the ball in the hands of the best player in a position to succeed. 

Wdleehi, if Kevin was in the low post all the time I'd agree. I wouldn't say it's House's fault that the wings have to create because they could run their offense through KG and it'd be a very good offense. I'd love to see that.

But KG was the guy who led the charge for the team settling for jump shots. He's the guy that went outside looking for jump shots and left the team with nobody outside of BBD attacking the paint with any regularity. He's the guy who went away from the post. It's not rare, it happens on a nightly basis. It's rare when he stays in the post. I don't expect him to stay in the post, I can't, it doesn't happen. When we get those nights were it does I'm delighted with it just like you are. It's not about Doc, Kevin has done this throughout his career.

Whether it's the move with KG/Pierce, or another type of possession .... Pierce or Ray have to create more of the offense when Eddie is in the game. That's because of Eddie's limitations. It's Eddie's flaws that make that neccessary.

And .... that's fine because Eddie contributes more than enough in other areas to justify his presence on the court and everything can still work well.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 12:20:43 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Wdleehi, if Kevin was in the low post all the time I'd agree. I wouldn't say it's House's fault that the wings have to create because they could run their offense through KG and it'd be a very good offense. I'd love to see that.

But KG was the guy who led the charge for the team settling for jump shots. He's the guy that went outside looking for jump shots and left the team with nobody outside of BBD attacking the paint with any regularity. He's the guy who went away from the post. It's not rare, it happens on a nightly basis. It's rare when he stays in the post. I don't expect him to stay in the post, I can't, it doesn't happen. When we get those nights were it does I'm delighted with it just like you are. It's not about Doc, Kevin has done this throughout his career.

Whether it's the move with KG/Pierce, or another type of possession .... Pierce or Ray have to create more of the offense when Eddie is in the game. That's because of Eddie's limitations. It's Eddie's flaws that make that neccessary.

And .... that's fine because Eddie contributes more than enough in other areas to justify his presence on the court and everything can still work well.

Then put them in a position where they can succeed.  The Pierce/KG pick and roll isn't doing that against Cleveland. 

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

I agree here,was thinking on the same lines...also,it brings Lebron to the top of the circle on D,if we miss a shot,from a outlet pass,he(bron) is in better position for a breakaway slam dunk.

The whole Pierce/KG pick and roll isn't great for the Celtics right now (especially when they are jumping Pierce)

Now the Pierce/Rondo works well.  Pierce can pass over West.  He can take West one on one if they switch.

Why not try a Pierce/House pick and roll?  House would likely find an open 3 out of it. 
I can see that working.

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

I agree here,was thinking on the same lines...also,it brings Lebron to the top of the circle on D,if we miss a shot,from a outlet pass,he(bron) is in better position for a breakaway slam dunk.

The whole Pierce/KG pick and roll isn't great for the Celtics right now (especially when they are jumping Pierce)

Now the Pierce/Rondo works well.  Pierce can pass over West.  He can take West one on one if they switch.

Why not try a Pierce/House pick and roll?  House would likely find an open 3 out of it. 
what do you think of Pierce possible,on some sets,post up Lebron down on the low block,drawing potentially more fouls on Lebron,and keeping him from up top so much on D..not that it has to run every trip,but see if it would work?