Author Topic: Eddie House  (Read 6656 times)

Eddie House
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:47:01 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I loved seeing Eddie in there tonight.  He hustled the ball up the court, played energized defense, found the open man on a few occasions, or at least moved the ball around, and hit his open shots.  So much better than when Cassell is in there.  Given how Eddie played tonight, I can't see Doc going with Cassell for game 7, and that gives me confidence. 

On Sunday we will see the Celtics we've seen all year!

Go Celtics!

Re: Eddie House
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 03:05:56 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I loved seeing Eddie in there tonight.  He hustled the ball up the court, played energized defense, found the open man on a few occasions, or at least moved the ball around, and hit his open shots.  So much better than when Cassell is in there.  Given how Eddie played tonight, I can't see Doc going with Cassell for game 7, and that gives me confidence. 

Go Celtics!

I loved finally seeing Eddie given a chance .... and he gave us the energy we needed, sustaining the momentum and attack. It's also amazing that he came off the bench cold and knocked down those threes ... like he'd never left, when he's been warming the wood for weeks! Awesome job, and he'll definitely be playing Sunday ... let's just hope he doesn't get too tempted by the three, and keeps distributing the rock. TP for a great post, LM!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 03:12:51 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
House finally playing was great.  Just makes Doc look like an even bigger moron for not playing him all series.  I really liked the way he was playing out there.  His energy was great.  Of course this guy hasn't played that many minutes in a few weeks I'm guessing so he isn't as fatigued as some of the others

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:25:05 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Eddie played so fantastic last night it made me question why I had been so steadfast on Sam as backup PG.  No way Doc plays Sam in favor of Eddie in Game 7.  It's Eddie's gig to lose.     

He played so much better than Rondo last night and was instrumental in all of the Celtics major runs.  Eddie took shots completely in the flow of the offense and knocked down most. He pushed the ball.  He also ran pick-and-rolls with KG surprisingly well, better than I've seen him do in the regular season.

For a stretch there when Eddie was in, I thought our offense looked like our offense in the regular season.  There was ball movement.  The ball got pushed most everytime.  There was better floor spacing (as the Cavs couldn't sag off Eddie as much).

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 05:41:14 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I red a post here a couple of weeks ago about playing House down the road and going with Cassel at Home..

Cassel played poorly at home during this Cavs series though (compared to the Atlanta series).

I hope Rondo would play like it was game 5 and I would love it if House will play instead of Cassel in game 7.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 06:19:03 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

Go Celtics!

I totally agree with you there!  It was like a breathe of fresh air to see him there as he always plays with energy whenever he is out there and also is very lively on the bench even though he is a DNP.  I simply CANNOT believe Doc will be using Cassell at home in the next game!  I just cant!  What we need in the 7th game on Sunday is a lot of energy and run at the Cavs and trap them from minute one.  It takes a team effort and not only 7 or 8 guys on the roster.  Doc needs to be smarter with his roster and USE IT like he has done during the regular season.  If there is any player that deserves to have a DNP in this series then it is Sam Cassell.  So far, not so good.  It really is terrible to think that we are in this situation and have a good chance of being knocked out in the 2nd round.  I have a sneaky feeling that this might actually happen given the statistics of our "Big Three" in the playoffs during their careers.  Now is not the time to choke and it is time that Doc looked at the squad as a measurement of how great we are and use them. 
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 07:48:07 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
That was nice for Eddie House. Very happy for him to finally get a chance, and play well, after being screwed by his coach.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 09:32:58 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
It is also important to point out I feel like that Cassell seemed to be in good spirits about it last night during the game.

We don't need even the slightest bit of distraction since we have the burden of must winning our home games.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 10:19:11 AM »

Offline The MadLad

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
what i loved most about eddie last night was his "no fear" attitude. while everyone else looks timid, eddie just plays. while RR looks like hes always thinking about the game, as opposed to just reacting and playing. House is just playing and pushing the action. i thought two of the shots he took were a little forced, but even then i thought the celts needed someone to be a threat from the outside. ray, RR, and Posey arent. PP sort of is, but  he needs to drive to set up his outside shot.
and defensively i thought that house looked more intense and more effective than RR.
House wont hurt you on D. and looks to be someone who can really deliver that (open) 3 pointer that can really put the "dagger" in another teams heart.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 10:38:57 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
It is also important to point out I feel like that Cassell seemed to be in good spirits about it last night during the game.

We don't need even the slightest bit of distraction since we have the burden of must winning our home games.

Cassell was absolutely NOT being in good spirits last night. He kept his pouting self laying on the floor. He wasn't up cheering his team on like he has done in past games when he hasn't gotten time. He may not have been a big distraction, but he sure wasn't a team player.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29

Cassell was absolutely NOT being in good spirits last night. He kept his pouting self laying on the floor. He wasn't up cheering his team on like he has done in past games when he hasn't gotten time. He may not have been a big distraction, but he sure wasn't a team player.

He was up cheering and high fiving and chest banging during the comebacks. When the team called timeout he met them as they came to the bench. Anyone would be a bit lighter in spirit having played themselves out of time in the playoffs.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The times I saw Sam, he was smiling and clapping.  He jumped out of his seat on one of Eddie's threes and did a bodybuilder's pose.

Sam didn't play last night! 

I thought Ed Lacerte seemed a little distracted last night too, but it had about as much effect on the team's play as Sam's emotional involvement did.
Yup

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 11:17:23 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The only problem with House out there, Pierce ran the offense. 

Running the pick and roll at that point with Pierce and KG is not good.  Both defenders are much taller then Pierce and quick enough to keep him bottled up.  Lead to to many TOs. 

Not House's fault, but an issue. 

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 11:24:30 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

Running the pick and roll at that point with Pierce and KG is not good.  Both defenders are much taller then Pierce and quick enough to keep him bottled up.  Lead to to many TOs. 

I agree here,was thinking on the same lines...also,it brings Lebron to the top of the circle on D,if we miss a shot...from a outlet pass,he(bron) is in better position for a breakaway slam dunk.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 11:27:07 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I agree here,was thinking on the same lines...also,it brings Lebron to the top of the circle on D,if we miss a shot,from a outlet pass,he(bron) is in better position for a breakaway slam dunk.

The whole Pierce/KG pick and roll isn't great for the Celtics right now (especially when they are jumping Pierce)

Now the Pierce/Rondo works well.  Pierce can pass over West.  He can take West one on one if they switch.

Why not try a Pierce/House pick and roll?  House would likely find an open 3 out of it.