Poll

Who wins Sunday, Game 7?

Lebron, The Refs & The Cleveland Cavaliers
Yoooooooooour Boston Celtics

Author Topic: Predictions for Game 7  (Read 10131 times)

Re: Predictions for Game 7
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 12:11:19 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
if the refs call it relatively fair, i see us winning by 10. if they give it to the cavs, they'll win by 8 and kg will run into the stands and bodyslam david stern, then drop some elbows on the refs, while pierce and allen make sure nobody interferes. if the refs cost us this season (at worst, this series should have ended tonight), i sincerely hope the players flip out.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 12:18:16 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
if the refs call it relatively fair, i see us winning by 10. if they give it to the cavs, they'll win by 8 and kg will run into the stands and bodyslam david stern, then drop some elbows on the refs, while pierce and allen make sure nobody interferes. if the refs cost us this season (at worst, this series should have ended tonight), i sincerely hope the players flip out.

Just stupid.  That's all.   ::)

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 12:19:50 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We win game 7 going away (by at least 20).  The guys ought to be ****ed after today and that will carry over.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 01:06:10 AM by droopdog7 »

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Who are we all kidding.... we are all hoping the C's win, but the Cavs will take this game.... Stern knows that Lebron is his only marketable player he's been looking for since Jordan ( he couldn't really market Kobe cause he was accused of rape ).......

Stern will have Labron parading to the line and the Cavs will win by 10+ points..... it will be a rematch of last year's ECF and Stern will make the Cavs come out of the east.......

Cavs vs Lakers..... the Finals will go 7 games.....

This isn't too far fetched.... and besides, we all know games are fixed..... the refs know it, stern knows it, we as fans know it......

And since last year's finals were the lowest ratings.... Stern is going to have New Orleans win against the Spurs to prevent that match up to happen again......

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 01:06:35 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I don't think there's anything stopping Lebron at this point.

Cavs win by 9

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 01:53:01 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Celtics win by 27 (parapsychological hyperbole)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 02:15:24 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
I know the refs have been hugely biased towards home teams, but I still don't really believe in conspiracies.  But, even if I did, LeBron or not, if there was one, Stern would want Celtics / Lakers.  No doubt about it.  Ratings would be through the roof - young and old.

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 02:17:14 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I know the refs have been hugely biased towards home teams, but I still don't really believe in conspiracies.  But, even if I did, LeBron or not, if there was one, Stern would want Celtics / Lakers.  No doubt about it.  Ratings would be through the roof - young and old.

Lebron, game 7.   Big ratings.

He can still have the Celtics move on. 

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 02:33:23 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Whoever David Stern wants to win this game will win this game.

Well I hope somebody has the us against the world speech ready because I have to agree with you Stern is going to have input.  This league is so curput.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 03:43:18 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Who are we all kidding.... we are all hoping the C's win, but the Cavs will take this game.... Stern knows that Lebron is his only marketable player he's been looking for since Jordan ( he couldn't really market Kobe cause he was accused of rape ).......

Someone quickly accuse Lebron of rape! ;D
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 05:53:34 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
cavs 52
celtics 80

leBRON shooting 100 lay-ups... making only 52 FTs.. 0 field goal percentage..

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 06:31:22 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
First, the David Stern accusations of 'fixing' are absurd.  In addition to being unethical (which I have no evidence to accuse him of) it would be collosally stupid (which I am pretty certain he is not).  What you are talking about would have to be a true conspiracy.  For Stern to have 'conspired' with the referees, it would require multiple accomplices meaning that even one small slip from anyone 'in the know' indicating a Stern covert directive would take down the league and cost Stern his job and his reputation.  It would be utterly stupid for Stern to influence the refs, and I think it is utter nonsense to suggest it.

In addition, if you are paying attention to the playoffs, the one consistent element has been poor officiating favoring the home teams.  It is not a conspiracy against the Celtics, who by the way would likely be the BEST draw from the East. 

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
First, the David Stern accusations of 'fixing' are absurd.  In addition to being unethical (which I have no evidence to accuse him of) it would be collosally stupid (which I am pretty certain he is not).  What you are talking about would have to be a true conspiracy.  For Stern to have 'conspired' with the referees, it would require multiple accomplices meaning that even one small slip from anyone 'in the know' indicating a Stern covert directive would take down the league and cost Stern his job and his reputation.  It would be utterly stupid for Stern to influence the refs, and I think it is utter nonsense to suggest it. 
Yep

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 12:11:08 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
In addition, if you are paying attention to the playoffs, the one consistent element has been poor officiating favoring the home teams.  It is not a conspiracy against the Celtics, who by the way would likely be the BEST draw from the East. 
in general, yes, the home team usually gets an unfair number of calls. however, teams with stars sometimes trump the home team in terms of calls. so, the lakers sometimes break even on the road. cleveland certainly has. that's the disadvantage. if you're gonna fix it for the home teams, make sure its fixed for all the home teams.

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Well said NG. 
Yup