Author Topic: Big three?? Only big two  (Read 9270 times)

Big three?? Only big two
« on: May 16, 2008, 11:29:39 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
Which are kg and pierce. Consistantly they have tried hard and come through to produce results(and for the most part they have). By now can anyone really say Ray Allen is a premier player in the nba?? There is no way

Yeah yeah he is a great shooter, one of the best three point shooters in nba history(during the regular season) but i still vividly remember why out of college he was suppose to go top three (95 or 96 draft) but was chosen a little later because he lacks the heart to be great.

We all can see he has been double teamed frequently but i just don't understand how guys like joe johnson and rip hamilton double teamed etc still find a way to score then.

Pure disapointment . Shoot me if you want, but if the trade didn't happen and we drafted either Al Thornton or Jeff Green those guys would have made a difference just about now in the playoffs.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:37:48 PM by Triboy16 »

Re: Big three?? Only big two
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:32:46 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Pure disapointment . Shoot me if you want, but if the trade didn't happen and we drafted either Al Thornton or Jeff Green those guys would have made a difference just about now in the playoffs.

without ray allen, the celts never acquire kg

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:32:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Shoot me if you want, but if the trade didn't happen and we drafted either Al Thornton or Jeff Green those guys would have made a difference just about now in the playoffs.

Ray's been roughin' it, but you gotta remember before you start wishing for Thornton or Green.

NO RAY = NO KG
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:35:51 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Denver is looking to trade Carmelo.... I'd do a Ray Allen + 1st round pick (#30) for Carmelo in a hearbeat..... KG could keep Carmelo in line .... both are bad defenders but at least Carmelo is younger and bigger.....a lineup of Rondo, Pierce, Carmelo, KG, and Perkins looks very promising...

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:36:13 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I can't believe how much Ray bashing is going on...do people forget how valuable he's been all year?

To blame any player individually is ridiculous.  Losing, like winning, is a team effort.  
God bless and good night!

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 11:38:14 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I can't believe how much Ray bashing is going on...do people forget how valuable he's been all year?

To blame any player individually is ridiculous.  Losing, like winning, is a team effort.  

Brick - have you been watching the playoffs?  Ray Allen is playing like a 100-year-old man.  He is getting beaten by one of the slowest players in the NBA.  He is supposed to be scoring points and is not.  The regular season means nothing now.  Ray is playing poorly.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 11:39:44 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
more like "big 1.5" (and i use the term "big" verrrrry loosely).
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 11:41:27 PM »

Offline CLeht11

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
To blame him is ridiculous but also this slump is absolutely ridiculous.  Not only is he stone cold from the field, but his head isn't in the game either it seems.

1) He just somehow loses the ball in crunch time during Game 5. Almost like he just forgot how to dribble.

2) He doesn't foul Lebron at the end of the game tonight.

3) A few different times tonight he looked at a double and instead of handling it well like a veteran would, he just looked like he was scared/confused and just turned the ball over.

I don't know where his head is at, but if he CAN get the Ray Ray game going again, we are going to be dominant.  He is that extra gear we REALLY could have used in the past two series'.
Who said the East was the JV conference? See you next year, Mr. Bryant!

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:41:53 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
as bill Simmons wrote-- its not the Big Three. It's the Big Two featuring Ray Allen.

He was great bait to lure KG, but his rep outshines his ability. He looks very old, and he can't get way from the blitzing defenders from the Cavs when the charge him after he comes over a pick. He's consistently forced in to the back top corner of half court, and then he runs down to the baseline and either tuns it over, jacks a wild 3, or just passes it back to Rondo with 8 on the shot clock.

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 11:42:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
For most of the playoffs, it's been the "big one".  Ray has been bad, but Pierce hasn't been so hot himself. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 11:43:32 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
For most of the playoffs, it's been the "big one".  Ray has been bad, but Pierce hasn't been so hot himself. 

that's exactly why i gave pierce a .5  :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 11:45:28 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Ray hasn't been near as bad as people are saying. He hasn't been on fire in the playoffs, but the guy gets nothing run for him at all. No picks set. Nothing but the afterthought offensively. He's not the problem...

Those of you thinking how nice it would be to have not made this trade, remember. We'd also not have KG. Without Ray coming KG wasn't either. We'd be the Timberwolves now instead of a home game away from the conference finals.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 11:45:51 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
The thing is he has been swallowed everytime he touches the ball. Cleveland is guarding him like we are guarding james
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 11:46:04 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
regular season is nice but seriously you play to win it all. This guy is playing like he doesn't care sometimes. He supposedly is talented but where is the talent??? Where is the drive??

I understand its cuz of him we got kg but man on draft night i was scratching my head why?

All i can think about was that one game the year before where we cameback to beat seattle who had ray allen and rashard lewis and i thought to myself these guys are stars?? (they played so bad)

ok no more , but the truth is the truth and ray allen by now can't be considered premier. I consider rip hamilton, ginobelli premier but not ray allen. (streaky player at best)

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 11:47:34 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Ray hasn't been near as bad as people are saying. He hasn't been on fire in the playoffs, but the guy gets nothing run for him at all. No picks set. Nothing but the afterthought offensively. He's not the problem...

Those of you thinking how nice it would be to have not made this trade, remember. We'd also not have KG. Without Ray coming KG wasn't either. We'd be the Timberwolves now instead of a home game away from the conference finals.

Sorry, EJ, but Ray has been horrible.  His defense has been spotty at best.  He has done nothing except for the second half of game 2.