Author Topic: Do I want to lose game 7?  (Read 4856 times)

Do I want to lose game 7?
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »

Offline quikblink

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
If we win the title there is no way Doc gets fired.  He was horrible in game 6.

Re: Do I want to lose game 7?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:02:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
heh?
Yup

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:04:19 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Obviously we all want the C's to win.  But the point is well-taken.  However, I think since Doc was finally able to win a playoff series, he is guaranteed to be back.  He is one of the five worst coaches in the NBA.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:06:38 PM »

Offline threzd

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
Obviously we all want the C's to win.  But the point is well-taken.  However, I think since Doc was finally able to win a playoff series, he is guaranteed to be back.  He is one of the five worst coaches in the NBA.

Well, if he got extended after last year, who knows what he'll get after a first round playoff victory and being able to extend the second round series to 7 games..

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

If we win the title, label me one happy dude.

Somehow, I might be convinced to take another year of Doc in exchange for that trophy  ;)

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 11:14:47 PM »

Offline quikblink

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
clearly i was just trying to make a point.  I want the celtics to win but I dont know how many times i threw something across the room because of a bad line up or coaching error tonight.  HE IS BEING OUT-COACHED BY MIKE BROWN!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
I don't think that you can blame this one on doc. All week people on here have been calling him a moron for not putting house back in which he did that tonight. We had our chances but couldn't pull it off. But I hate to say it but the zebras didn't help. It was criminal how this game was officiated. I hate to sound like that guy, but there is not much you can do when they won't make a call.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 11:16:31 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I don't think that you can blame this one on doc. All week people on here have been calling him a moron for not putting house back in which he did that tonight. We had our chances but couldn't pull it off. But I hate to say it but the zebras didn't help. It was criminal how this game was officiated. I hate to sound like that guy, but there is not much you can do when they won't make a call.

OK, let's not blame Doc, but could someone reintroduce him to Leon Powe.  Big Baby = brutal tonight, but I guess Doc didn't notice.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:19:13 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
heh?

zuh?

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 11:20:40 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
As much as I would love to pin this one on Doc, I cannot..this was far from Docs fault tonight. This has to go down as one of the most biased officiated games I can remember, and I have seen a ton before. Lebron and his mates got God Like treatment tonight..even blood could not get him off the floor by the refs as well. Why would Stern want anything other then Game 7 of Lebron in the storied home of the Celtics...When you hear slaps on our players and see nothing called and then see questionable charges called vs us when the "King" is on the other end, you know you are in for a long night

The bottomline is, we have home advantage..we win on Sunday.....

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 11:21:35 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
if we lose game 7, if i'm pierce, allen, or kg, i'm going to find any and every media outlet and talk non-stop about how blatantly fixed these games have been. these guys have busted their asses for years, sacrificed their games a ton this season, only to have some of the worst officiating i've ever seen literally cost them games on the road. not all the road losses, mind you - they played bad enough to really lose some of them - but some were obviously refs making sure the home team wins. game 6 tonight was maybe the worst of them all. and it wasn't even all lebron calls - i thought they actually did okay on that. it's everything else. they let the cavs big men play incredibly physical (ie commit fouls) without blowing their whistles, but call touch fouls on boston. yeah...if we lose, i hope those 3 go nuts on the refs and stern. other players are really getting p---ed off about it, too.

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 11:22:07 PM »

Offline CeltsGM21

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25

Thank you for proving my theory that Doc bashers would rather lose the series just to get Doc fired.  I have hinted at that for a little while now, and now someone has finally admitted it.  And even in a game where I don't think Doc did anything wrong.  I mean, everyone has their own opinion.  I just can't believe you would rather have them lose than keep our coach.  What a shame.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 11:22:53 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
yeah that was definitely a block on lebron.. oh wait.. sorry my mind seemed to have drifted away

no.. i dont wana lose.. i dont wana give every celtic critic the satisfaction of saying "i told you so"

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

so you want to lose the series, in hopes doc gets fired??

u got to be kidding me!

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Yeah, I have a feeling we're going to lose game 7 on Sunday........ I mean, I felt eventually we were going to win on the road, but I also feel eventually we'll lose at home......

I say just get it over with and lose.... we don't deserve to go any further.... i guess we are a bunch of posers who win during the regular season but choke when it counts..... Oh My God, we're like the Dallas Mavs of the East.....

Let's start the summer early already.....

I'm so glad Doc didn't play Sam tonight..... he is the worst thing to happen to this team.....