Author Topic: Sam's Club  (Read 5727 times)

Sam's Club
« on: May 16, 2008, 07:48:12 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Doc never changes the starting lineup.  Sam should start and have Rondo come off the bench.  Eddie House needs some time also.  Eddie played most of the season and was an important contributor.  Since Ray Ray is having a terrible playoff series, give Eddie a chance.  Even Alligator Arms Tony Allen should get some time.  We are too predictable.

Botton line: We cannot rely on Rondo's jump shot.  I am sorry, Sam or Eddie are far better shooters.  It's Sam's Club in the first and fourth quarter.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

Re: Sam's Club
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:04:22 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I thought this thread was going to alert me on some wholesale deals. Maybe 2 gallons on barbecue sauce, a four-pound can of black olives, or a forty-eight pack of Eggo waffles. >:(
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 08:38:14 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I thought this thread was going to alert me on some wholesale deals. Maybe 2 gallons on barbecue sauce, a four-pound can of black olives, or a forty-eight pack of Eggo waffles. >:(

Heheheh - I saw that comment coming  ;D

That said, I'm one of the biggest Cassell fans on this planet, but, NO!  Rondo MUST start.  I'm sorry, man.

That said I would like to see Cassell and Rondo on the floor together more.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 06:53:51 AM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
Now is the time for Sam to shine!  Chauncey will be a bit much for Rondo to handle.  I hope Doc figures out how to match up against Detroit's backcourt.  Not too much Rondo in this series, Doc.  More Eddie, a little Tony Allen, less Rondo.  But we need Sam to start and finish.  It's Sam's Club now, if we want to win the series.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 07:48:30 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Now is the time for Sam to shine!  Chauncey will be a bit much for Rondo to handle.  I hope Doc figures out how to match up against Detroit's backcourt.  Not too much Rondo in this series, Doc.  More Eddie, a little Tony Allen, less Rondo.  But we need Sam to start and finish.  It's Sam's Club now, if we want to win the series.
well, rondo handled chauncy quite well in the last two match ups, to the tune of 2 celtic victorys. sam will be available off the bench if we need him. rondo has had better offensive numbers all playoffs than sam as well. sam is 0 for his last 21 shooting, why should i trust that his jump shot is going to magically return to be money against a much better defense in Detroit?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Just typing that we need Cassell to defend someone that Rondo can't should have caused your keyboard to ignite in flames. Sam had like one game in the entire playoffs where he did better than Rondo.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 11:20:57 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
Rondo played like an inexperienced amateur and Eddie got kicked in the groin.  When will Sam play?  Detroit plays the rookie Stuckey and we have one of the smartest players in the NBA laying around on the floor by the bench.  Play Sam!

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 05:21:56 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
I still believe the Celtics should be "Sam's Club".  I don't mean just 5 minutes a game.  He should start and finish the game.  Remember all the hullabaloo when Sam arrived?  People have short memories.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I still believe the Celtics should be "Sam's Club".  I don't mean just 5 minutes a game.  He should start and finish the game.  Remember all the hullabaloo when Sam arrived?  People have short memories.

Wow, someone else shares my opinion?!  I'm not crazy after all!

I (still) think Sam and Rondo should both start, and Ray should come off the bench for whoever isn't playing well (whether it's Sam, Rondo, or Perkins, matchups pending).
God bless and good night!

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
I remember the first time we played the Pistons (December) and House couldn't bring the ball up against Lindsey Hunter's press, and pretty much every single Celtics fan was crying for a true backup point guard and wanted us to get Cassell. Anyone remember that? Well, I've seen it happen this series, Eddie struggles to bring the ball up and our offense suffers. Not only that, but he is a little bit small to guard Billups/Stuckey.
I think we should see more of Sam and even Tony Allen (if only to chase around Rip and save Ray's legs for his jumpshot). We shouldn't wait until it is too late into the series to make the changes.

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

I (still) think Sam and Rondo should both start, and Ray should come off the bench for whoever isn't playing well (whether it's Sam, Rondo, or Perkins, matchups pending).

One person out of the hundreds that post does not eliminate you from being crazy... ;)

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 08:46:58 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
it's nice that they have each other, though... :D
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 08:53:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

One person out of the hundreds that post does not eliminate you from being crazy... ;)
Sam's Club
Yup

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 09:23:11 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
that will crush Rondo's psyche, and he is capable of knocking shot down shots just needs to trust it. Plus he's a way better defender.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 10:04:45 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
Tommy points for Redz and Andy Jick!  You guys are hilarious.  Redz, the picture is great; I like the first one you posted a bit better. Can we have that one posted, too?