Author Topic: Where is Leon Powe?  (Read 10265 times)

Re: Where is Leon Powe?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 12:34:03 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
You never play BBD in a crucial game after he has had a good stretch like he did the other night. We ALL know he is a 1 out of 6 player. Leon should have been the guy off the bench. Not the human all you can eat buffet. He was absolutely awful out there. 8 shots BBD?!?!?! What were you thinking...

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 12:35:52 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
It is absurd that Powe did not play at all tonight.  You think an energy guy who can finish around the basket and take charges would have helped late in the second quarter or in the second half???

Yeah, especially given how bad Baby was out there tonight.  You think Powe might be hurt?
God bless and good night!

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 12:37:26 AM »

Offline WedmanIsMyHero

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Doc has never liked to play Powe a lot.  Look at the way his minutes vacillated even during his best periods.  Does anyone know what Doc has against playing Powe?

It is absurd that Powe did not play at all tonight.  You think an energy guy who can finish around the basket and take charges would have helped late in the second quarter or in the second half???

Yeah, especially given how bad Baby was out there tonight.  You think Powe might be hurt?

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 07:48:32 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Leon powe works hard but that doesn't necessarily mean he works efficiently all the time. He is improving in this area

Big baby only in his first year in my eyes is a more efficient player and picks up things on his own. He also works hard, just that he is 10-15 pounds overweight hampering his mobility a little

right now we need baby than powe

In what way, by what standard is Big Baby "more efficient?" Please, one example. Leon doesn't take bad shots, he finishes inside and he doesn't turn it over. That's my definition of efficient.

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 07:52:50 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
The absence of Powe was the most glaring (of many) mistakes last night. There must have been four shots in the fourth quarter missed by Big Baby that Leon would have finished. And when you're getting killed on the boards, why don't you put your most active rebounder out there?

Frustrated beyond belief.

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 09:12:16 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Doc's failure to replace BBD with Powe,when BBD clearly wasn't producing tells me where the problem ly's...Doc failure to make key decisions in key moments of a game(rotation),is far more frustrating to me,than any of the mistakes BBD,Rondo,Perk,PP,Ray or any other player made.

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2008, 09:43:45 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Doc's failure to replace BBD with Powe,when BBD clearly wasn't producing tells me where the problem ly's...Doc failure to make key decisions in key moments of a game(rotation),is far more frustrating to me,than any of the mistakes BBD,Rondo,Perk,PP,Ray or any other player made.

good point. it always seemed to me that davis and powe play a different sort of game offensively and defensively. they have different skill sets. doc SHOULD do a better job of matching them up against opponents. doc SHOULD read if one of them is not playing well within a particular game and play the other to see if he would be better that night.

doc seems very attached to the "let them play through it" philosophy. fine if we are dealing with KG, pierce, or allen. but powe and davis are role players. they are SUPPOSED to produce immediately or be replace.

on a similar note, doc's inability to see immediately that playing eddie house might be a good idea when BOTH rondo and cassell were stinking it up.

but we all know that ingame adjustments and player rotation are not in the top 10 of doc's strengths.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2008, 10:09:40 AM »

Offline WedmanIsMyHero

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Someone out there must know -- what does Doc have against Leon Powe?

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »

Offline bossportsfan

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
I have been asking this question since the start of playoffs, I guess Doc is proving he's not a playoff coach.  Leon changes the game everytime he goes in, gives it his all and scores points.  The best big man off the bench.  Of course, I think he should be starting over Perkins, but that's me.

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2008, 10:43:43 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

good point. it always seemed to me that davis and powe play a different sort of game offensively and defensively. they have different skill sets. doc SHOULD do a better job of matching them up against opponents. doc SHOULD read if one of them is not playing well within a particular game and play the other to see if he would be better that night.

doc seems very attached to the "let them play through it" philosophy. fine if we are dealing with KG, pierce, or allen. but powe and davis are role players. they are SUPPOSED to produce immediately or be replace.

on a similar note, doc's inability to see immediately that playing eddie house might be a good idea when BOTH rondo and cassell were stinking it up.

but we all know that ingame adjustments and player rotation are not in the top 10 of doc's strengths.
You have a good point as well,"Doc's inability to see immediately that playing House might be a good idea,when Rondo and Cassell were stinking it up".With House in the game,the pace of the game is kept up to the pace Rondo runs it in, the team keeps the same rhythm going,when House is in,unlike Cassell who plays to much one on one,and slows the pace of the team down.