Author Topic: Celtics Stuff Live! Tonight-7-8PM, EDT.  (Read 1822 times)

Celtics Stuff Live! Tonight-7-8PM, EDT.
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:27:06 AM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
What's left to be said?

Marc Spears of the Globe has been talking to sports psychologists:

With the Celtics stumped, two renowned New England sports psychologists, Harvey N. Dulberg and Alan Goldberg, were asked to give their take...
Dulberg has 28 years of experience working with professional, Olympic, college, and high school athletes. While there is not enough room for the entire Celtics team and coaching staff to fit in his 250-square-foot office in Brookline, he had some interesting theories as to why the Celtics are struggling on the road.

Said Dulberg, "They don't have the familiarity, which is why they looked lost in the fourth quarter. The Big Three are afraid to step on each other's toes."
    "The key to winning on the road is replicating what you do at home," Dulberg said. "To be able to practice the same way, go through the same routine, wear the same clothes. I'd send the girlfriends and wives on the road. No one complains when they're coming to the Garden from home after spending the night with their wife.

We've all beaten to death the rotation question as framed by Bill Doyle of the Worcester Telegram.....

Rivers has to decide whether to continue playing Sam Cassell instead of Eddie House. Cassell has missed all 15 of his shots over the last 2-1/2 games, and is a liability on defense. The 38-year-old backup point guard has played better at home — as have most of the Celtics — but it may be time to insert House back into the rotation.
    “Obviously,” Rivers said, “if Sam is playing well, then there is no Eddie question. If Sam’s playing poorly, then there is an Eddie question. I’m smart enough to get that part.”

...and of course there is the ball movement thing that Jim Fenton focused on in the Brockton Enterprise.

Coach Doc Rivers has warned the Celtics about trying to do too much by themselves, knowing the formula for success in the regular season was good ball movement.
    “I think sometimes individuals, when you have so much talent on the ball club, the guys that do great things individually, that tendency tends to creep in where you feel you can take over the game and make the big shot for the team,” said Pierce.
    “It’s about sharing the ball and making plays for other people, taking what’s available, and that’s what we’ve done all year long, making the extra pass,” he said.

I refuse to get into the coaching questions. Don't we have the same coaching staff, home and away?

As I see it, it's pretty simple.  The Celtics have to shoot well, defend hard and our three all-stars need to show some determination and leadership tonight and then we can all get crazy with the psycho babble stuff before Friday's game in Cleveland.

If you have a question for our guest or the show you can call our toll free number (1.866.751.9649), send us an e-mail to CSL@CelticsBlog.com, or join us in the “pit” (chat room) during the broadcast.

We hope you will join us.
JB - "Yes Indeed!"