Author Topic: Reasons to fear game 5?  (Read 1494 times)

Reasons to fear game 5?
« on: May 14, 2008, 12:37:14 AM »

Offline tallpaul

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
While I like the Cs chances in game 5, and expect them to take care of business, there are a couple of reasons I would not bet on the game and think it should be very interesting:

1. LeBron James might go off. He may even be due for a monster night that can carry his team. He's done it before in the playoffs.

2. The Cavs have been there before. These Cs have not. The Cavs are to be much more feared than the Hawks in this situation. While the Cavs must win game 5 to have a shot at taking the series, the pressure for this game is actually more on the Cs, as the questions about their play build.

3. The Cs may be close to a collapse - you can even sense it in the tone of fans on this blog. It is imperative that KG carry the Cs. He has not shown that he is a lock to do this as yet.

Re: Reasons to fear game 5?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 12:53:31 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I kind of expect LeBron to go off, really, and that's OK. I'd actually rather someone else other than Pierce guard LeBron, so Paul's energy can be put into going to the basket, and leading this team like we need him to. As long as you shut down everyone else, I think letting LB get his 30-or-so is not that big a deal.

I agree that the Cavs have more experience in this position than the Hawks, but I feel the Hawks were a much more dangerous team with how they matched-up with us, than the Cavs are. The more I see of Cleveland, the more I'm convinced that they're really not that good a team, which makes this whole thing even more frustrating.

Finally, I don't feel the C's are close to collapse ... not at all. They've played poorly for 4 games, and are still tied in the series. I see no loss of heart, however, or anything that would indicate collapse or failure. They've surprised everyone all season long, and I think they've got plenty surprises, (positive ones), left in the tank.

KG is the core of this team ... the pivot-point, if you will, but Paul is really the one who needs to step up and "carry" this team. His offense is what's lacking here, and he has to attack the paint and create for himself and his team-mates. He's the Captain, and the time has come for him to lead, and go "off" for 30 or 40, like he has so many times in the past ten years.

Great points despite my discussion, though ... TP for your serious thoughts here.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *