Author Topic: Reasons for Eddie House  (Read 1298 times)

Reasons for Eddie House
« on: May 13, 2008, 11:13:53 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
I can't blame Doc for wanting Sam Cassell to be our backup PG. That's what we all wanted at first, as well. And even after Sam showed some discouraging signs in the last few weeks of the regular season, I still couldn't argue with his role in the rotation to start off the playoffs. In fact, I still think he can play a major role in this series and in later series. But Eddie House was an important part of this team for 82 games, and it baffles me why Doc won't give him a chance in the postseason. And as Boobie Gibson lit up the Cs bench yesterday, I felt that Doc let the perfect opportunity to insert Eddie House pass him by.

Doc could have called Eddie over, and said, "Look- nobody's expecting you to go out there and hit 4 threes in a row, or even 1 for that matter, after sitting on the bench for weeks, so don't put any pressure on yourself to do anything on offense. I'm putting you in the game for one reason, and that's to get in Boobie Gibson's grill, and make sure he doesn't get one clean outside look." IMO, that's what Doc oughta do. I'm not mistaking Eddie House for a good defender, but he sure as hell can be a tough defender when he sets his mind to it.

And maybe while he's in the game we would get the added bonus of restoring our bench continuity. Our bench offense at this point pretty much rides on whether Sam makes or misses. It's a one-man show.

EDIT: plus Eddie House is my favorite player...  :)

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

Re: Reasons for Eddie House
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 11:17:39 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Interesting thought, while I am not in the Eddie House camp, I do think he should have played some part so far in this series. I like Eddie to finish out the 3rd, come in there hit a couple threes and get the energy up, be the kind of guy other teams hate, offense and energy off the bench. As for the fourth I would rather see Rondo or Cassell, although lately Cassell has been pretty painful to watch.