Author Topic: Can Zeke Rescue Ray Allen?  (Read 6131 times)

Re: Can Zeke Rescue Ray Allen?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 01:20:28 AM »

Offline JAM

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Here's a crazy idea, once Doc goes to the bench.  Play Ray at PG, that's essentially what was happening when Eddie House played.  House brought it up, but Ray would get the ball early in the shot clock. 

You put Ray at the top of the key, set him a pick, and either play pick and pop with him and KG or PJ, or let him drive to the hoop and pull up or finish.  It is more similar to the offense he ran in Seattle.  He's not a spot up shooter, he's a scorer, who can still create his shot.

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 01:27:41 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Here's a crazy idea, once Doc goes to the bench.  Play Ray at PG, that's essentially what was happening when Eddie House played.  House brought it up, but Ray would get the ball early in the shot clock. 

You put Ray at the top of the key, set him a pick, and either play pick and pop with him and KG or PJ, or let him drive to the hoop and pull up or finish.  It is more similar to the offense he ran in Seattle.  He's not a spot up shooter, he's a scorer, who can still create his shot.

I actually would have no problem with that, as an option ... and not to start with. I'd also like to see Pierce at SG once in a while, with Posey at SF, KG at PF, and Powe at Center. Rotate Big Baby, Perk, PJ, (last), as C/PF with KG and Powe, and House, Rage, and Sam, rotating with Ray between PG and SG. Kind of a "zone" rotation, instead of position for position. I like it when Rondo and Sam play together as well, with Rage at point.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 08:02:03 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Isn't it funny that Doc seems to play Ray the most minutes of our Big Three, despite his injury issues, BUT he seems to go AWAY from him when he FINALLY gets hot like in yesterday's game 4:-(((((

This is really NOT funny at all, but VERY frustrating.  Doc seems to NEVER stick with the hot player, NEVER!!

As I have always said, we will NOT win a title with Doc at the helm, period.

Very true.  He is always worried about getting one of the other stars going instead of riding the horse that is leading sled at that point.