Author Topic: Is it really Doc's fault?  (Read 46407 times)

Re: Is it really Doc's fault?
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »

Offline MoBSTa_69

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
I have been one of the biggest Doc haters on any Celtic forum.

The losses that have taken place in the post season isn't Doc's fault.

However I believe players and teams should be trained all year to play like there coach demands them to perform in every game.

KG has simply been a differant man on the court in the play-offs than he was in the regular season. There must be a reason for KG's attitude towards the game in the play-offs. Instead of being the domain he has almost turned submissive.

I'm not a favorite of any player coach, and I believe if you train anything, it will do exactly what it has been trained to do.

All year KG pushed this team and with his attitude and inspiration on the court he gave his team the will to overcome obstacles on the road.

I believe something has changed within this team. The Hawks simply took over in Atlanta being aggressive and beating up on the celtics.

As a coach I wouldn't put up with some of the stuff that went on in either series. I would be Teed up and maybe even fined.

Rondo has not got a call in the play-offs and frankly he has been pushed around. Players on the court must stand up for Rondo on the court and if he isn't getting any calls in a away game the Head Coach must get a T if the situation presents itself.

It's not just about the rotations but knowing when to insert a player and knowing when he has left his best on the court and he should be returned to the bench.

Doc simply asks for to much out of players when they are shooting well. The Celtics are not that young anymore and Sam I am only has so much.

I didn't like the play or the movement on the court when P.J. hit that BigShot. However it worked I suppose but had P.J. missed the shot the game may of had a differant outcome.

Play-offs are not about scoring and Tony Allen may be one of the Celtics best defenders and he has not been utilized at all in the playoffs.

But overall it's not Doc's fault for the losses I believe it is his philosophy. Doc has gotten better as a coach and there is no doubt about that and to fire him now after he has came so far with these players may just be Hell if we are living in purgatory with him now.

Again I love the Celts and I have been one of the biggest Doc haters but it would be stupid to fire Doc in the off-season.

Training Old dawgs new tricks, some how always gets them chasing thier tails.

KG needs to step up another step and become the player coach on the court, that he was in the regular season.

But then maybe I am just insane and need help from a Doc.

Re: Is it really Doc's fault?
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I am one of the Doc detractors as follows:

1. I like him as a personality, I think he's great with the media, the players do play hard for him and he's good with the character and team culture. He has alot of great qualities

I was never one who said his rotation was too long and then when he shortened it for the playoffs that it was now too short.

No, I think if you have 10-12 guys who can contribute you use them. The important part is when, why and how.

Just because Powe played a bad couple of games doesn't mean he should be benched for the next two. Just because Big Baby had one good game, doesnt' mean he should be held in the game the next one when he' playign badly. Take him out, try Powe again, maybe's he's got it today...

How long do you elave Cassell in when he's not playing well and Eddie House is avail?

If we're getting thrown around by Maxiell and you have Big baby on your bench bring him in asap...

Cassell and Brwon were nice additions but to me that doesn't mean they should cause three other critical rotations guys who helped you to 66 wins (Big Baby, House and TAllen) to be Iced for 11 straight games...