Author Topic: "It's amazing what you can accomplish..."  (Read 2657 times)

"It's amazing what you can accomplish..."
« on: May 13, 2008, 03:02:46 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when no one cares about who takes the credit"

i've been looking for something to smack me out of panic mode and i saw this quote from our very own kevin garnett. i've had it in my facebook quotes for almost a year now and if ever there was a defining quote from someone that would completely sum them up, this is it.

as loyal fans, we all need to realise that this guy is the reason we had 66 wins and home-court throughout the playoffs. i firmly believe that with this great man in our team, he wont let us lose.

ps. i know harry s. truman said this as well, but so did kg :D

Re: "It's amazing what you can accomplish..."
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 03:13:51 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
That is a good quote, but I think one of the problems offensively is that we dont have anyone stepping up.  Remember Pierce during the runs in the playoffs, he would take over and there'd be nothing stopping him.  He's not doing that anymore, KG has been shooting well, but he's not aggressive enough especially down low (and we dont go for him enough) and Ray Ray has been shooting really bad.

I would absolutely love to see Pierce go to his teammates before the game and say, "Guys, dont worry.  I will drive to the hoop, I will get free throws, I will make baskets.  I will carry y'all on my back.  Just play hard D and I will take us to the promise land."

Actually, what we need is a Walker to start yelling smack to Pierce and get him out of his funk.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 03:16:55 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when no one cares about who takes the credit"

i've been looking for something to smack me out of panic mode and i saw this quote from our very own kevin garnett. i've had it in my facebook quotes for almost a year now and if ever there was a defining quote from someone that would completely sum them up, this is it.

as loyal fans, we all need to realise that this guy is the reason we had 66 wins and home-court throughout the playoffs. i firmly believe that with this great man in our team, he wont let us lose.

ps. i know harry s. truman said this as well, but so did kg :D

It's not what people say it's what they do.  Kevin Garnett quoted Harry S. Truman words because he's not the type of person who is willing to take blame.  So he wants to twist it and quoted Truman by saying "It's amazing what you can accomplish when no one cares about who takes the credit".  KG hasn't accomplish the goal of every NBA great and that win a championship.  The reason why it's because he doesn't want to take the credit nor does he want to share the blame.

All the great player wants the credit because they aren't scared to take the blame.  KG is scared and it's why he will never been a true leader on a championship team.

We need someone who is selfish like a Kobe Bryant or a Micheal Jordan.  Even LeBron James is selfish because when his team needs him to step up and make a play he does.  He's not scared to take the blame i.e game 1. and He's not scared to take the credit games 3 and 4.  He like Mike, Bird, Magic, Duncan and Kobe is build for this. KG is not build for this.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 03:22:06 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I think what we need is to get the 260 lb linebacker Lebron to stop guarding Pierce then maybe he can get to the basket and the line..

Pierce is getting killed by a much bigger faster younger player
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 03:22:55 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
That is a good quote, but I think one of the problems offensively is that we dont have anyone stepping up.  Remember Pierce during the runs in the playoffs, he would take over and there'd be nothing stopping him.  He's not doing that anymore, KG has been shooting well, but he's not aggressive enough especially down low (and we dont go for him enough) and Ray Ray has been shooting really bad.

I would absolutely love to see Pierce go to his teammates before the game and say, "Guys, dont worry.  I will drive to the hoop, I will get free throws, I will make baskets.  I will carry y'all on my back.  Just play hard D and I will take us to the promise land."

Actually, what we need is a Walker to start yelling smack to Pierce and get him out of his funk.

Pierce has to guard LeBron, that's taking a lot on yer back.  I'd say Ray is hurt or tired (or both).  We need to adapt the offensive strategy to win, not just because our guys aren't feeling well enough to run the gauntlet to the hole.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Pierce has to guard LeBron, that's taking a lot on yer back.  I'd say Ray is hurt or tired (or both).  We need to adapt the offensive strategy to win, not just because our guys aren't feeling well enough to run the gauntlet to the hole.

That is true, Pierce is def taking a hit trying to defend Lebron.  I wrote on another thread that perhaps we should let Lebron do his thing and guard the role players.  That way, I think we could have Posey guarding James 1-on-1 (and even bring Tony for a few minutes) and let Pierce do his thing offensively.  I think if we can defend the role players, we could keep the Cavs at the regular 70-80 points average, and increase the Celtics scoring by 7-10 points from Pierce's offense.
Baby Jesus!