Author Topic: Wally! Wally! Wally!  (Read 4432 times)

Wally! Wally! Wally!
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:16:03 AM »

Offline ILOVEWALTAH

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
In all seriousness tonight was pretty ugly, especially the high scoring 4th quarter, but what fan would chant Wally Szczerbiak over and over again, never the less a whole arena. Cleveland's fans obviously dont see him the same way I and most Celtics fan do. I sincerely cant remember ever seeing Wally do anything special while he was a Celtic, mainly I only remember how much he looked like a horse's *ss chanting defense while pumping his fist on the jumbotron during games. Not only was his time here one of the darkest times in C's history, I had to watch as Wally Szczerbiak clank threes when Pierce or anyone penetrated and kicked the ball out to him. Wasn't that the reason we needed him and got rid of Ricky Davis, his style of jump shooting would work perfect with Pierce, allowing him an outlet if the lane was clogged. The only problem with that game plan was Wally's incapability to hit the shot, which was basically every time. Plus he was just like Ron Mercer, a one trick pony, watever shots he hit were stationary off dribble penetration, it would of been a miracle if he created a shot off the dribble or any offensive move. So what should C's fans and I do when we are packed into the Garden Wed night, I propose we start a Wally Sucks chant, not only for my previous reasons, but because Cav's fans audacity to chant Boston Sucks. Are we going to allow this from a city and a state that vowed to boycott Papa's Johns statewide, just because they produced humorous and truthful shirt with Lebron's number and the words Cry Baby where is name would be.
I say hell no! Lets give Wally the welcome he deserves as he returns to the Jungle, just make sure Lebron's mother isn't watching you, that woman is nut job, but I guess she was just trying to protect her baby.   

Re: Wally! Wally! Wally!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
Shows you how much better mike brown is as a coach compared to doc and lebron better than pierce.

Wally is silently killing us and i have never seen him play this good when he was a celtic last year period. So you have to credit the coaching and also lebron for driving in and passing it to wally often unlike what pierce did last year which was play 1 on 5

the west, wally + #5 pick for ray allen is looking worst and worst as the series is going by

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:51:46 AM »

Offline FanInTheSouth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 4
Shows you how much better mike brown is as a coach compared to doc and lebron better than pierce.

Wally is silently killing us and i have never seen him play this good when he was a celtic last year period. So you have to credit the coaching and also lebron for driving in and passing it to wally often unlike what pierce did last year which was play 1 on 5

the west, wally + #5 pick for ray allen is looking worst and worst as the series is going by

I know that lebron is better than pierce, but I don't think anyone give mike brown any credit for wally.  Brown is a defensive coach, their offense is pretty much let lebron create.  You don't think that wally's improvement could have anything to do with wally's health? 

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:10:02 AM »

Offline ILOVEWALTAH

• Neemias Queta
I dont see anything different in Wally, that I didnt see the last 2 years. I think Ilgaskus, West, and joe smith are producing more than anything, plus their defense has been really good and were not running the offense cus cassell is in, so were taking horrible shots. Wally last round avg 10 pts and went 10-30 beyond the arc, this round hes avg 14 pts and 7-19 from 3. Hes really not that good and sucks on D, hes a streaky shooter that if its an off night is pretty worthless cus he can create and go to the hole. Wow did I just really read that I missed it be4 are you really questioning whether the trade for ray allen was a good one. Yeah hes struggling, but if you go look at the huge difference in all star selections, 3pt %, points, and really just look at their careers, you would realize thats a crazy statement. Wally was good for 1 season with the timberwolves 7 years ago and only got so much attention for being a pretty boy and not his game.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 08:13:38 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
In all seriousness tonight was pretty ugly, especially the high scoring 4th quarter, but what fan would chant Wally Szczerbiak over and over again, never the less a whole arena.

SCAL-A-BRI-NE!! (clap clap clap clap clap)  ::)

At least he makes his shots...
God bless and good night!

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 08:31:07 AM »

Offline ILOVEWALTAH

• Neemias Queta
Wow hate on the guy who lost all of his playing time when the team got better and never complained or demanded to be traded and supported his teammates. I would expect that from someone sporting a pic of Lebron. Every single time the guy gets touched he throws his hands up in the air, puts on a face like hes 5 again and whines. The problems is he gets every call even the phantom ones like he was M.J., but thats an insult to Jordan to even make that comparisson. Jordan played the game, he didnt cry for calls and have fits on the court, if Lebron wants to PMS he can join the WNBA, thats a no contact league. He might as well considering he needs his mommy to yell at paul pierce and to fight his batlles for him,because the big men are fouling him to hard

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 08:35:30 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Wally's healthy and playing on a winner.  His Celtics career was marked by injuries and lots and lots of losing.    Quite a turnaround for Wally though.  Beats playing for suckbag teams in Boston and Seatlle.
Yup

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 08:42:32 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Wow hate on the guy who lost all of his playing time when the team got better and never complained or demanded to be traded and supported his teammates. I would expect that from someone sporting a pic of Lebron. Every single time the guy gets touched he throws his hands up in the air, puts on a face like hes 5 again and whines. The problems is he gets every call even the phantom ones like he was M.J., but thats an insult to Jordan to even make that comparisson. Jordan played the game, he didnt cry for calls and have fits on the court, if Lebron wants to PMS he can join the WNBA, thats a no contact league. He might as well considering he needs his mommy to yell at paul pierce and to fight his batlles for him,because the big men are fouling him to hard

Ummm....the guys picture of Lebron is Lebron with a thumbs down gesture and says 'Master Mason' underneath it.  I don't think he is a fan. 

So far you have ripped Wally and Lebron, but they aren't the reason the Celtics lost last night.  Wally is outplaying Ray Allen in this series (Ray should be embarassed).  PP has not been much offensively but he is giving Lebron fits on defense, so he is at least holding up one end of the court. 

Also, for the poster who said the Ray Allen trade looks poor in hindsight, I am pretty sure getting Ray Allen is what convinced KG to come to Boston. 

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
danny ainge might be right afterall...he said when he originally picked up wally that he was the "perfect complement to pierce."

he's looking like the perfect complement to lebron right now...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »

Offline AINGE44

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
I wasn't evening thinking last night I thought they were chanting for the new Wall E movie.  I was like man that movie must be great.  These guys from Cleveland love it and it isn't even out yet.

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
This isn't for this thread specifically but since this a Wally thread I figured I'd put it here rather than creating another new thread .... anyways. This post is just about Ray's defense specific to Wally.

Can we please stop calling Ray a defensive liability and that Wally is killing him?

It's simply not true. Wally is shooting only 41% from the floor and only 37% from three. His career averages are 49% from the field and 41% from three.

He's only averaging 14ppg. Is that more that his season average? Sure. Are their reasons for that? Sure

[1] Wall is playing more minutes 35mpg this series, more than the 25mpg (10ppg) he played against Washington or the 22mpg (8ppg) he played during the regular season. Wally also scored 13ppg in 23 minutes a night in Seattle before moving to Cleveland.

[2] The Celtics are squeezing the life out of LeBron James and forcing his teammates to take the shots. That means more and better looks for his supporting cast. Sometimes it's Z, sometimes it's Wally, sometimes it's Delonte or Gibson or Joe. Someone has to shoot those shots and Wally is going to get some of those shots.

Wally isn't killing Ray on defense. It's simply wrong to call Ray a defensive liability while making out that Wally is torching him. It's simply not true. Ray's D has been fine.

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 06:10:34 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
wally should send a care package to ray allen, since ray is making him look good on both ends of the floor.  wally is playing solid and is healthy.  his game has opened up due to lebron and all the mismatches, double teams, and defensive collapses he faces.  however, i think rays pathetic defense on wally is the bigger key in making wally look good.

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 06:15:09 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Someone mentioned it before, and I think it may be time, one on one defense on Lebron, make everyone else beat you. Wally will no longer be a factor if he has to run and chase Ray on D and then create his own shot on the other end.

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Wally in this series is doing his best shooting as a Cavalier.  He is outplaying Ray and that shouldn't be happening.  Ray could be more aggressive.  Celtics could do a much better job getting Ray off and staying with Ray when he does get going. 

Ray  -- 37m, 10pts, 33% FG 22% 3FG.
Wally -- 35m, 14pts, 41% FG, 37% 3FG.