Author Topic: May 6th, 1984- followed by........  (Read 3777 times)

May 6th, 1984- followed by........
« on: May 12, 2008, 11:31:55 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
May 6th, 1984 we lost game 4 to the Knicks after being up 2 to 0, the series became tied...we followed the end of the world game 4 loss with another win at home,New York 99 Boston 121  in game 5..we did not make it easy and lost again in game 6, but in the end we won the series...oh yeah..we also won a title that year..anyone remember that?

Yes, we currently look like a team of deer's surrounded by an arena of car headlights on the road but we also look pretty solid at home...and until we lose at home(which I am hoping does not happen), we are moving on.

This was my attempt at staying positive...Here is to a game 5 dominant win by the Celts on Wednesday.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 11:38:03 PM by BringToughnessBack »

Re: May 6th, 1984- followed by........
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:35:14 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
May 6th, 1984 we lost game 4 to the Knicks after being up 2 to 0, the series became tied...we followed the end of the world game 4 loss with another win at home,New York 99 Boston 121  in game 5..we did not make it easy and lost again in game 6, but in the end we won the series...oh yeah..we also won a title that year..anyone remember that?

Yes, we currently look like a team of deer's surrounded by an arena of car headlights on the road but we also look pretty solid at home...and until we lose at home(which I am hoping does not happen), we are moving on.

This was my attempt at staying positive...Here to a game 5 dominant win by the Celts on Wednesday.

TP for you on this one!!! Every single poster needs to read this and be reminded.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:38:12 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Big difference I see is Doc Rivers wasn't the coach in 1984 ---  ;D

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 11:43:11 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Big difference I see is Doc Rivers wasn't the coach in 1984 ---  ;D

That and Bird, McHale, Parrish, DJ, Danny... Come on. You are talking about one of the deepest and most talented teams in the history of the NBA. They still pushed it to 7. Cut these guys a little slack. They played amazing defense on a night where they couldn't shoot the ball.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 11:46:10 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
well, we need someone to step up like cornbread and say "jump on my back and i'll carry this team."

sadly, we don't have that right now...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 11:46:27 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108

This was my attempt at staying positive...Here is to a game 5 dominant win by the Celts on Wednesday.

TP for shedding some light here.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 11:48:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
How many playoff road games did that 1984 team win, one?  I can't remember.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 11:51:07 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
How many playoff road games did that 1984 team win, one?  I can't remember.

"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 12:24:06 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

TP, I love it. Everyone is really venting right now, a home win, and a strong game in Cleveland, and everyone will be looking past the Pistons.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Thanks for staying positive.  Almost everyone on this site is a bunch of whiners.  It doesn't have to be easy.  Sure, we'd all like it to be.  But, just cause it isn't doesn't mean it's over. 

You just have to look at what the Red Sox did in '04 and '07 to understand that.  I can already see people replying ... "This team is not the '04 or '07 Red Sox."  But, I don't think anyone was saying we can come back and win after the 19-8 drubbing to the Yanks in '04.  Nor, were there lots of positive vibes after falling behind 3-1 to the Tribe in '07.  And, this team ISN'T EVEN TRAILING!

I may not come back to this site until the playoffs are over.  Most of you guys are way too depressing. 

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 07:06:03 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I appreciate the positivity, too.  I think 0-5 on the road is a very real statistic, though, that shows that something isn't right with this team right now.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions