Author Topic: Moving On Now!  (Read 3428 times)

Moving On Now!
« on: May 12, 2008, 11:24:17 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Everyone remember that the San Antonio and NO series, and the Jazz Lakers series looks exactly like we do. It's a best of 3 series now with 2 in our building. I'd much rather be us right now than Cleveland. We did what we were supposed to do. They did what they were supposed to. Let's see what we can learn from those two losses and adjust just like they did game 5 and game 7 against Atlanta. You guys act like this is supposed to be a cakewalk! This is the playoffs. Cleveland wants it just as bad as we do.

Re: Moving On Now!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:26:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yup yup yup!

It would be so much easier if these other teams would just stop trying to win too. ;)
Yup

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:29:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
So you guys are confirming that winning 66 games during the regular season and having the best road record of 31-10 mean absolutely nothing?  Just curious why none of what they did in the regular season can translate to playoff wins on the road.  It makes no sense.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 11:31:39 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
So you guys are confirming that winning 66 games during the regular season and having the best road record of 31-10 mean absolutely nothing?  Just curious why none of what they did in the regular season can translate to playoff wins on the road.  It makes no sense.

What do you mean it means absolutely nothing?! It means we technically don't have to win one single game on the road to win the championship. We are so dominant at home that is possible, but it would sure be nice to get some rest by ending a series early. We just need to decide how to adjust and make sure we win game 5. Nothing more at this point.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 11:33:35 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
TP EJPLAYA.  I flew off the handle earlier but you are right.  We have home court advantage and we knew even during the regular season that Cleveland wouldn't be a walk over.  We knew we going to have a fight on our hands.  Take the night, get some rest, cool down, and we will all discuss this stuff tomorrow with level heads fellas.   

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 11:34:09 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

What do you mean it means absolutely nothing?! It means we technically don't have to win one single game on the road to win the championship. We are so dominant at home that is possible, but it would sure be nice to get some rest by ending a series early. We just need to decide how to adjust and make sure we win game 5. Nothing more at this point.

So you are saying that our brilliant head coach should have figured out some adjustments by now on the road?  I agree.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 11:37:08 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I agree with EJPLAYA for now..TP

We earned home court advantage and as long as we take care of this advantage, we win a title. Period..literally and figuratively

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 11:37:35 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

So you are saying that our brilliant head coach should have figured out some adjustments by now on the road?  I agree.

So if Doc had made adjustments then it would have prevented a very talented team like Cleveland from having a chance at a win on their home floor?! Come on. This is a very good team we are playing. It's not that simple. They did make adjustments and were in it until the very end. Just not enough shots taken by the stars in the end. It's next game that you have to worry about adjustments.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 11:40:29 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
OK -- the excuses for losing to Atlanta on the road was that it was the toughest matchup we could have had in the first round -- young, aggressive, athletic, blah blah blah.  But, once we beat them, the consensus here was the Celts match up so much better with Cleveland, Cleveland is slow, Cleveland is Lebron and no one else. Yet, the C's have lost two more road games.  So what is the excuse this time given that this is a much better matchup for the Celtics?

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 11:46:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
OK -- the excuses for losing to Atlanta on the road was that it was the toughest matchup we could have had in the first round -- young, aggressive, athletic, blah blah blah.  But, once we beat them, the consensus here was the Celts match up so much better with Cleveland, Cleveland is slow, Cleveland is Lebron and no one else. Yet, the C's have lost two more road games.  So what is the excuse this time given that this is a much better matchup for the Celtics?

I'm out of excuses.  Celts suck monkey butt and have no shot at this series or any other.  Wave up the white flag.  Shut down the blog.  Bring back Gerald Green so we'll have some hope for the future around here.  ::)

I'm off to bed.

Celts in 6!  (seven? - whatever! GO CELTS )
Yup

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 12:13:43 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The people that are obsessed with the road losses and fly off the handle, just want the C's to lose so they can be right. First off, it was a big mistake for anyone who decided to carry over the road baggage from the first series into this one. Just because the Celtics played a horrible first round series against the Hawks, they are supposed to play an unbelievably good series against a better team in round 2? I do think the Cavs are an easier match-up for the C's, and I do think they will win in 6 games. If people choose to be blinded by the national story of road losses and want to be alarmists, then go ahead, but understand that you are buying into the "reason why the Celtics suck" that is being written about and reported on nation wide. I choose to use my own judgment, realize this team lost a bad game in Cleveland, and didn't have the energy to win a second close game.