Author Topic: Can The C's use what the national media is saying to pump themselves up?  (Read 2218 times)

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Seems to me...and it's unfortunately somewhat deserved...but it seems to me like the vast majority of the national media and almost all of ESPN is picking the Celtics to lose this series.

They know that the Cavs were down 0-2 to the Pistons last year and then won 4 in a row.  Skip Bayless and Jemele Hill are both saying that the Celtics have "no backbone".  And they don't have the playoff mentality.

I hope the players are listening to this...

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
ESPN will pick lebron until we win 4 games, there's no sexy star on the Celtics, bron bron is an espn staple.

The celtics don't need to get "pumped up" they need to play their game.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Great point!  The C's need an "us against the world mentality".  They had that to start the season.  They had that in the swing through Texas.  Now, however, they appear to be playing not to lose.  They need to switch that emotion to: "nobody thinks we can win on the road, let's prove them otherwise".

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
All the "experts" out there will all change their tune when the Celtics win tonight. It's typical lazy reporting to run a story about the Celtic's road woes when I think everyone picked them to lose a game in Cleveland, and more than likely game one, as the Cavs would really be pumped for the game. When the Celtics beat Cleveland tonight, no one will pick Cleveland to survive at the Garden, the story will completely change from the road woes, to the home dominance.

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Personally, I've always been pretty disgusted when motivation comes from external sources, such as bulletin board material, contract years, or spurning from the national media.

If you're making that much money and have that much on the line, there is no excuse to not have internal motivation that makes you perform at your best level of effort at all times.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Who cares what Bayless and Hill think? Both are hacks.