Author Topic: Game 4 is a must win game for the CELTICS  (Read 10991 times)

Re: Game 4 is a must win game for the CELTICS
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 11:51:57 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Well it looks like I'm the only one who thinks this is a must win game for the Celtics.  If the Cs go on to lose this series were going to look back at games 3 and 4 as the turning point in this series.  Once again it would be the Cs failure to win on the road.  We can't bank on them winning every home game.

Going into game 3 everyone said all the Cs need to come out with at lease 1 win in Cleveland.  Now everyone want to bank of the Cs winning all their home game.  Nevermind the fact that Cleveland was very close to winning game 1 and being up 2-1 in this series with a chance of going up 3-1.  Now the Celtics have that chance to go up 3-1 and put this series away.  So from my point of view and I sure home the Celtics coaches and player view it my way.  Tonight's game is a MUST WIN for the CELTICS.

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 12:00:52 PM »

Offline Oldschoolkid

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Well, it would be a great win, anyway. Put an end to that road game stuff. They need to make Lebron play "D" also, that would help. Set picks on him all night. On the other end, we have to play everone tight, like we did in game 2, Lebron didn't have any outlets to pass to. Cleveland is a one player team, well " Z " is a good center with a nice outside shot.....But I agree, a win tonight would be great!!!

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 12:16:22 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Nah, no pressure on the Cs really, in my view. This is why they call it "Stealing One" on the road, because it is so very tough to do, yet I do see these Celtics doing just that with a win; Which my only hope is that the Celtics do it with conviction, as in of blowout proportions, which I think their due!

The Cavs on the other hand, indeed do need this win to even up the series or else succumb to the all but insurmountable series record of 3-1  heading back to "The Garden" !!! Wouldn't wanna be them or their fans tonight, this may very well be their last hurrah, and Saturday their only win !!!  8)

Looking foward to a great game tonight, whatever the outcome, should be fun ;)

-Go Celtics-

BTW:

Are the Lakers "Done" because their series is now 2-2?

Are the Hornets done because now their series is 2-2?

Only a seemingly imposter Celtics fan, would give in to thinking first we are going to lose tonight, and then to go on to say we're done should the series be tied up 2-2 returning to the Garden, IMO&E ;) Oh woe is ye of such infatile faith, oh so shall ye suffer needlessly :)

Can I get an Amen~ lol

Although, I respect your rights to your worries; Enjoy~
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:41:43 PM by fan33 »
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Nah, I agree with CT on this one and I said so yesterday as well.  If we lose tonight, stick a fork in us, cuz we're cooked.  Going 0-5 on the road in 5 attempts will be an earthquake registering 8.5 on the Richter scale, with a more powerful aftershock to follow.

Keys to the game:
Paul Pierce needs to step up.
Kendrick Perkins needs to be benched.
Sam Cassell must hit his shots.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 12:36:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
TTonight's our Night. I can feel the intensity and the sense of urgency. This is the biggest game of the year so far. The Celtics are going to be up for this one! Go Celtics!

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 12:38:21 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
The only thing I have left to say is this: Game 4 is a must win game for the CELTICS.  That how I feel and if the Cs lose tonight it will be doom and gloom in my household.  The Cavs aren't Atlanta who had not shot of winning game in Boston.  The Cavs can win a game in Boston.  Ask yourself this question if the Cs lose tonight who has a better chance of winning a road game in this series the Celtics or the Cavs?  Any honest person would say the Cavs.  So that being said once again I repeat tonight's game is a "must win" for the CELTICS.

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 12:41:22 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
TTonight's our Night. I can feel the intensity and the sense of urgency. This is the biggest game of the year so far. The Celtics are going to be up for this one! Go Celtics!

You know what I thought the Cs would be up for games 4 and 6 of the last series and they truely was not. I sure hope they learn from the last series and come out and play tonights game like they was the ones down 2-1 and not up 2-1. 

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Nah, I agree with CT on this one and I said so yesterday as well.  If we lose tonight, stick a fork in us, cuz we're cooked.  Going 0-5 on the road in 5 attempts will be an earthquake registering 8.5 on the Richter scale, with a more powerful aftershock to follow.

Keys to the game:

If you bench Perk...Igor, SideShow Bob, that Hachet Wallace will kill us on the boards...Leon is tough inside but he is under sized compared to the Cavs Bigs..You need Perk to clear out space down low to free up the boards
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666

Keys to the game:

Haha, I disagree with all three of your points.  I don't care what Paul Pierce does offensively, as long as he keeps playing LeBron just about as well as he can be played.  Kendrick Perkins, other than KG, is the only player the Celtics have who is even close to big enough to deal with Ilgauskas.  And Cassell's 10-15 points, or lack thereof, off the bench aren't the most important thing from that position.  Rather, Rondo needs to revert to his 12 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds self that dominated the point in the first two games.

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The only game that is a must win for the Celtics is game 6 if Cleveland wins the next 2.

Amen.

The term "must win game" ranks pretty high up there in the echelons of sports phrases that I can't stand.  It gets bandied about all the time.  In the last series, there was only one "must win game" and that was game 7.  We have yet to see a "must win game" in this series. 

Don't get me wrong, a road win would be really nice....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 01:33:53 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Haha, I disagree with all three of your points.  I don't care what Paul Pierce does offensively, as long as he keeps playing LeBron just about as well as he can be played.  Kendrick Perkins, other than KG, is the only player the Celtics have who is even close to big enough to deal with Ilgauskas.  And Cassell's 10-15 points, or lack thereof, off the bench aren't the most important thing from that position.  Rather, Rondo needs to revert to his 12 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds self that dominated the point in the first two games.

I do care what Pierce does offensively.  He wasn't really doing much to Brick James.  In fact Posey was playing much better defense on him and has been the entire series.

Perkins is awful.  Leave KG or PJ on Z.  Put Pierce on Big Ben and Posey on LeBrick.  If you notice, Perkins loses the ball almost every time he touches it on offense.  On defense, in Game 3 especially, he was missing defensive assignments, cutters, etc. because he was too focused on Brick James.  I saw Pierce literally yell at Perk at least 3 times for being a bonehead.

As for Rondo, it's tough for him to rack up assists when 1) no one is getting open and 2) when they do get open, they're putting up bricks.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 01:47:47 PM »

Offline The Big 3

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
To Boston as we have the home advantage, every home game is a must win.

Screw the road games.
It's our job (fans) to point out what is wrong with the team, it's the coach's job NOT to listen to us.

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 02:05:46 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
To Boston as we have the home advantage, every home game is a must win.

Screw the road games.

WOW! "screw the road games" I think people like you will be singing a different turn if the Cavs where to win 1 road game.  I look at this way. This series is now a 3 game series starting with tonight game (I'm throwing out game 7 because anything can happen in a game 7)

All the Cavs have to do from this point on is win 1 game in Boston.  Whereas the Celtics would have to win two games in Boston.  But if the Celtics was to win today it would turn the tables on the Cavs making then have to win two games in Boston instead of 1 game.  That is why this is a Must Win game for the Celtics because you want to put that pressure on the Cavs.  The further this series goes all the pressure would be on the Celtics. 

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 02:14:17 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
I'm shock more people don't see it my way.  But we all have our own opinion and i do respects everyone here.  That being said I think you guys are wrong if you say this is NOT a must win for Boston. I guess I see think a little differently then most.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 02:24:47 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
I'm shock more people don't see it my way.  But we all have our own opinion and i do respects everyone here.  That being said I think you guys are wrong if you say this is NOT a must win for Boston. I guess I see think a little differently then most.

Problem is, this is not a matter of opinion.  The phrase "must win" means by definition, if you lose, you cannot win the series.  That is factually not the case here, not something that can be debated.  Is it an important win?  Crucial? Any other set of synonyms which express how vital it is to their playoff health for them win?  Sure, but MUST means MUST, and since they can actually lose this game, just like the almighty Lakers, and the suddenly cooled off Hornets, and still come back home 2-2, maintaining home court advantage in the series, with 2 of the final 3 games at home, it by definition cannot be a must win. 

I think all Celts fans would feel alot better about their chances if they win tonight, but calling it MUST is not only factually inaccurate, it ignores the dynamic all 7 game series go through.  You think the Lakers and Hornets now will come out deflated on their home floor because they couldn't get a W on the road or will they be re-energized to be back home again for Game 5?  I guess we'll see, but players, unlike fans, are able to leave behind the previous game/s results and focus only on the current game to be played.  If the Celts do manage to lose tonight, I think they will have no problem ramping it up again at the Garden -- not be so deflated from Cleveland having held serve, just like Utah and San Antonio did, an outcome that happens very frequently in this round with the teams that are left -- such that there will not be any carryover from whatever happens in Cleveland.