Author Topic: pistons should be able to beat you guys in the finals  (Read 6490 times)

pistons should be able to beat you guys in the finals
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »

Offline tropolis

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
unbiased observer looking on at potential finals matchup.

I think the matchups all over the court favor the pistons. Celts dont have an answer for billups, ray allen wont be able to keep up with hamilton, prince is too long for pierce. 1 advantage i see is KG on rasheed. bench id give you guys an edge. id take pistons in 7 though.

Re: pistons should be able to beat you guys in the finals
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 03:25:49 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
From one who 100% believes in the jinx rule the only thing I can add to this is, we have to get there first and then we can talk.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 03:27:06 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

I think the matchups all over the court favor the pistons. Celts dont have an answer for billups, ray allen wont be able to keep up with hamilton, prince is too long for pierce. 1 advantage i see is KG on rasheed. bench id give you guys an edge. id take pistons in 7 though.
Don't underestimate the "Truth"... i have a lot of respect for Prince too,but i don't think he will hurt Paul the way you are thinking.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 06:17:46 PM by jay_jay54 »

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »

Offline Cooldude5t5

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 36
well the celtics lose every game on the road and win every home game so......Celtics in 7, Pistons lose. I added just as much analysis to my post as you.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:31:41 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Hmm, if the Pistons move to the west coast, then yes they could beat the c's in the NBA finals....

(Yeah I'm nitpicking, but I feel ornery today)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 03:32:33 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yeh, but Detroit will have major problems matching up with Utah.

One opponent at a time please  :o
Yup

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Well the matchups apparently favored the Celtics who won the regular season series so not sure how you came up with that. The way the Celtics have played at home so far in this playoffs if it goes 7 C's will likely win

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 03:57:47 PM »

Offline tropolis

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
and i hope you guys win it, im a wolves guy and KG was my favorite player, i got  a old poster of him in my room and a wolves jersey. Jefferson looks to be legit though so it softens the blow.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
and i hope you guys win it, im a wolves guy and KG was my favorite player, i got  a old poster of him in my room and a wolves jersey. Jefferson looks to be legit though so it softens the blow.

TP (tommy point) for the sentiments!
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 07:59:30 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
IMO, your prediction is being made prematurely, and on the wrong fan boards, which is presently concerned with the next game and its series, as is the team. :P

Other than those presuppositions, I predict you are as wrong, as you are with the choice of terms for the E.C. playoffs  8)

Enjoy your welcome here~

-Go Celtics-
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 08:01:22 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
much love for motown but my heart is in bean town....we will crush detroit...

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 08:40:55 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
From one who 100% believes in the jinx rule the only thing I can add to this is, we have to get there first and then we can talk.

Amen! Why is there even discussion about the Finals?

One game at a time everybody! One game at a time.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 08:49:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Will Billups be playing?

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 09:01:12 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

First of all, everyone is biased. This is sports. It is not calculus, where you can find exact answers. People make predictions based on their biases.

Your post is also naive of how defense is played. Defense is not 5 1-on-1 games. It is a team trying to stop another team. Did you even watch the 3 head to head games this season between Det and Bos?

The truth is, both teams are able to win. Based on earlier matchups this season, it seems the Celtics have a big advantage though, unless the Pistons can somehow recreate the turnovers that allowed them back into the first game that they barely won.

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 09:16:26 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213

Great analysis. You do know that Prince averaged like 5.3 ppg points against Pierce this year on 25% shooting.  And that Chauncey is shooting 38% against the Cs and has benefitted from generous officiating to score (35 FTs in three games).  Rip has scored 54 points against Ray Allen in three games, right at his season average.

IIRC, the Cs beat the Pistons twice, and lost to them only once, in the final seconds of a game either team could have won.  Billips might be a tough cover for Rondo, If Chauncey is healthy, but I remember Rondo abusing Billups seven straight time int heir first meeting in Boston on December 19th.  If Doc Rivers didn't try to force feed the ball to Pierce all third quarter instead of exploiting the Rondo speed mismatch on Chauncey, the Cs would have won that came handily.

It's going to be a close series, especially now that the Cs are showing great flaws on the road, but I still see the Celtics moving on.