Author Topic: Who you play most like  (Read 17579 times)

Re: Who you play most like
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 02:30:53 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'm a spitting image of our old friend, Antoine Walker.

No joke, when someone told me how much I played like Antoine when he was in  his first few years in Boston I almost died laughing and telling them they're such bullcrap until I actually sat down and watched myself play on recorded video tapes...

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I would say Marcus Camby for me...
At the exception that I shot the 3points at a low % and was shorter than most centers I was playing against...
I still manage to fill up the stat lines with blocks and Offensive and Defensive Rebounds...
I did not choose BBD because I had no interior moves and was skinnier... So Marcus Camby for me...

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 04:09:23 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Though I've never seen him play, I think I compare pretty well with Lawrence Frank, that dude must be nasty in the open court
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 04:21:23 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
Ed Lacerte
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 04:27:39 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Kevin Willis's jump hook is my main move in the post. I can knock down consistently the 18-20 foot jumper. (college three point range back 10-12 years ago) Rebound well still under the basket. I usually drive and drop off the easy pass for the layup when the defense collapses. Usually bring the ball up when no true point guard on the floor. (Used to play the 1 and 2 when yonger and quicker so solid ball handling skills) Very so-so defender on the perimeter these days now that I am almost 37 and still playing with the 20 year olds. Lateral movement has left the building! Solid physical post defender still. I'd say a combo of Kevin Willis, Barkley, and Antoine. With about 1/100th the talent and on a 6'1" frame!

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 04:45:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Now? Probably Scal....
Sad but true.

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Mehmet Okur

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 05:42:03 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Now? Probably Scal....
Sad but true.

How is that sad?! Solid team player. Good spot up shooter. Nice consistent free throw shooter. Decent rebounder. Good passer. Very good perimeter defender for a big. Everyone on this blog would be lucky to have half of Scal's ability.

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Probably Kobe Bryant...maybe LeBron, because of my rebounding prowess...

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i have been told by people that i play like derron williams.

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 06:14:44 PM »

Online shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I've always thought I play a little like a younger KG but I have never seen myself play.  My main focus is to grab every single rebound (not that I do, it is just the mindset that I have going into a game).  I play hard and with a lot of hustle and am pretty lanky.  My main move on offense is a turnaround shot from in the paint(where I score most of my points) and I'm a decent passer.  I do not however have the mid range game that KG does and I have no 3-point shot whatsoever.    My defense is solid but not amazing.  I also play with a great focus and intensity (although I usually don't say a word when I am on the court).
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
When I played a lot with my friends or the low level intramural leagues at school..... a hybrid of TMac and Josh Smith.  I had decent handles and shooting so usually brought the ball up and either drive and dish/layup, or give it up and go down in the post.  On defense I always played inside and usually had double digit blocks and tons of boards. (I'm 6'1" with decent athleticism, could dunk at one time, so blocking shots and grabbing boards was easy against smaller guys).

However...... when I played up in the A league intramurals or in some pickup games with guys from the school basketball team.... I'd say I most resembled.... well, there's nobody that bad in the NBA.  Maybe a shorter, less athletic, less offensive minded Gerald Green?

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 07:39:59 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Imagine the folks from Mayberry in a pick-up game and you'll find the components of my game:

Barney's size
Gomer's jumshot
Floyd's handle
Aunt Bea's vertical leap

I can just about hold my own in my weekly game with mostly 50+ year olds. But I do love the game!

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 08:33:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I buddy of mine growing up showed an inordinate amount of pride in calling out the name "Bruce Dalrymple" whenever he took a shot.  Don't know why I thought of that, but the memory made me chuckle a bit.
Yup

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 09:34:50 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
moses malone with a quick first step and a 15ft set shot...i'm incredible...