Author Topic: 8 PM tip off is an eternity away --- what will you do in the mean time?  (Read 8814 times)

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
Much the same way I hate Sunday night football -- I hate waiting all day for a late tip off. 

8PM seems like an eternity.......the day filled with useless chores, needless interaction with family members and mundane activities usually reserved for those who don't like sports.  Sure the Red Sox help by starting at 7, but is that really any help - no not really.

I could listen to weekend sports talk radio - babble, babble, blah, blah --- ouch!  I just got a headache thinking about it.  Already read the Globe and Herald (Here's hoping the John Tomasse keeps his mouth shut if he really has something on the Pats).

So, it looks like I'll be off to my daughter's ballet recital this afternoon - 5 year olds performing "The Little Mermaid".  Hmmm, 5 year olds doing ballet, given the sloppiness of the first two games of the series, how bad can it be?

What will you be doing to kill time today?
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'm going to sleep like the dead!

I quit my other job that was second shift and found third shift work so I could watch the games but as late as they are starting these days I almost have to leave before they are over.

I'm just going to have to call in sick during the Finals I guess.

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Obsessively post on Celticsblog!

(Sadly not.  I've got to refine a legal advice memo for a client, which is going to take up most of today and tomorrow.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I'm going to sleep like the dead!

I quit my other job that was second shift and found third shift work so I could watch the games but as late as they are starting these days I almost have to leave before they are over.

I'm just going to have to call in sick during the Finals I guess.

I worked 3rd shift (9pm-730am) until March.  It was not fun.  I missed many live games.  Thank God for DVR.  I would watch every game at 8am.  Its just not the same though.  
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I will be drinking because I am FINALLLLLLY able to do so legally now and my friends want to start at noon, I think i'll push them back a little further.
do it

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
I dont know how much of the game I'd see if I started drinking at noon. ;D

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I am working up until 6 PM, so hopefully it is not completely dead and will make the time pass quick enough. 

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
I dont know how much of the game I'd see if I started drinking at noon. ;D

I know how much I'd see ------------------- none.

ahh, the good ole days - (he types while shaking his head)
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
I'll probably watch the DET-ORL game at 5. That should keep me entertained until 8 or so. But even that is still so far away......

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
study  :(

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
I'll probably watch the DET-ORL game at 5. That should keep me entertained until 8 or so. But even that is still so far away......
I was wondering about this game.If you see my post,let me know more about it,like the station,it will be on,please?

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I was wondering about this game.If you see my post,let me know more about it,like the station,it will be on,please?

5 PM (ET) on ESPN

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
espn

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I always try to sleep as much as I can so that I don't drive myself crazy.  I've slept enough already, so I doubt I can do any more of it today.

I think I'll try and watch some NYPD Blue, which I started watching a week ago. Great show.