Author Topic: My Larry Bird Jersey  (Read 1760 times)

My Larry Bird Jersey
« on: May 09, 2008, 04:06:30 PM »

Offline newdusk

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I lived in LA for a couple of months and I was lucky enough to get tickets to a Celtics Laker's game. I was pretty pumped because I have never seen a game in enemy territory. The problem was I did not own anything with the Celtic's logo on it not even a T-Shirt. I thought if I was away from home I would have to show off my colors. I spent a long night in some seedy sections of LA looking for anything Celtics that I could wear (it was not easy). It was 10 pm and I was about to give up when my friend Billy thought that he spotted something at this little sports store on Crenshaw blvd. His eyes did not deceive him because there we found a Larry Bird Jersey and not just any it was the Mitchell & Ness hardwood Classic 85-86. I managed to haggle the price down to $50   

My question is how would I know if the Jersey was authentic. I tried the Mitchell&Ness Website but the image is too small. I consider it my "big game" Jersey. I busted it out for game 7 against the Hawks. The picture you see is me at Yankee stadium last year after we got spanked (I didn't have a Sox Jersey at the time).

Re: My Larry Bird Jersey
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »

Online Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Without even seeing it, I would have to say if you payed 50 for it, it's got to be fake. Mitchell and Ness authentic throwbacks go for $250-$300, there are a ton of fake ones out there, there's a lot of info out there about how to buy them because so many people sell fakes on ebay.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Buy-Authentic-Mitchell-And-Ness-Jerseys-On-eBay&id=822230