Author Topic: Ray Allen's Mom is in witness protection  (Read 8826 times)

Ray Allen's Mom is in witness protection
« on: May 09, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Weird, interesting story on E:60 next tuesday. From truehoop:

Quote from: www.truehoop.com
ESPN did not ask me to post this, I swear. It's from Bob Wolfley of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: "ESPN's news magazine show 'E:60' will feature a story about Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen, formerly of the Milwaukee Bucks, whose family is facing challenges off the court. Flora Allen-Hopson, Allen's mother, and Derek Hopson, Allen's stepfather, have spent more than two years in a witness protection program, after the attempted murder of Hopson, a psychologist. The husband of the former wife of Hopson, Ernest Garlington, a counselor of at-risk kids, organized the attempted murder of Hopson. Recently, Garlington was sentenced to 33 years in prison on five counts of conspiracy to commit murder. 'E:60' will air at 6 p.m. Tuesday on ESPN."

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Ray Allen's Mom is in witness protection
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
That is crazy....  Is that legit?

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:14:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

News is from a reliable source...dunno if its true but its from Truehoop and produced by ESPN

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

News is from a reliable source...dunno if its true but its from Truehoop and produced by ESPN

I'm pretty sure I've heard of this before, and someone posted about it earlier on Celticsblog.  I may be mistaken, but I seem to recollect something of the sort.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:25:28 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Its a shame this is being talked about and reported. If Ray Allen wasnt famous this wouldnt get any mention. I personally think its best to stay out of people private lives. I'd rather focus on winning in the playoffs and shutting down Prince James ;D

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:12:21 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3379234

Never heard about the Witness protection thing, but this story was out a couple days ago.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »

Offline 17iscoming

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
From the Globe:

ESPN announced that Tuesday's edition of its magazine show "E:60" will include a feature on how Ray Allen has dealt with issues surrounding the attempted murder of his stepfather, Derek Hopson. Allen's mother, Flora Allen-Hopson, and his stepfather spent more than two years in a witness protection program after the 2003 attempted murder of Hopson by Ernest Garlington. Garlington, the husband of Hopson's ex-wife, was recently sentenced to 33 years in prison on five counts, including conspiracy to commit murder. Allen previously told the Globe he was uncomfortable talking about the subject and also declined to talk to ESPN about it . . .

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/05/09/garnett_voted_to_nba_first_team/

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 02:41:36 PM »

Offline Flaco519

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Very touchy subject..I'm pretty sure I heard last night on the national telecast mention that on off days during the playoffs the young guys like powe, Ronde etc. having been going to Ray Allen's house to watch playoff games and that Allen's mother has been in town cooking for them.  I would assume that now that dude has been convicted that they no longer in Witness protection if they were in there at all...