Author Topic: Defense  (Read 2045 times)

Defense
« on: May 09, 2008, 09:38:41 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
So, as this is my first time to really getto see the Celtics this year it is clear to me that they win because of their defense.  I also know that they hired a new 'defensive coordinator' this year in Thibedeau (forgive me, I have no idea how to pronounce or spell the man's name).

My question is, if T (just calling him T from now on) doesn't come in are the Celtics in the same place?  If T gets hired as a head coach are the C's in trouble next year?

Re: Defense
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 09:51:17 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The short answer is, no. There are other capable assistants out there, and we've already got the culture, commitment and principles in place.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 09:56:17 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
So, as this is my first time to really getto see the Celtics this year it is clear to me that they win because of their defense.  I also know that they hired a new 'defensive coordinator' this year in Thibedeau (forgive me, I have no idea how to pronounce or spell the man's name).

My question is, if T (just calling him T from now on) doesn't come in are the Celtics in the same place?  If T gets hired as a head coach are the C's in trouble next year?
If he doesn't come in at all then we are nowhere near the defensive team that we are now.  However if he leaves to go be a head coach somewhere I think we will be fine.  After a year with him I bet Doc has learned all he needs to know about how to run a defense.  If he hasn't then I am sure KG has picked up on it.

But yes he is a HUGE reason for our success.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
I was thinking the same as you guys.  If he doesn't come at all the team is not where it is now.  Now that he has been here the C's should be able to retain some of that knowledge even if he is gone