Author Topic: Chants for Cavs  (Read 1667 times)

Chants for Cavs
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:58:32 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
I sat in the extreme nosebleed seats for the first half last night, and the atmosphere up there was great. Thin air, but thick with home-court advantage.

My favorite chant up there was when Varejão was called for a foul. "Sideshow Bob! Sideshow Bob!" My least favorite came when the C's took the lead by one point in the second. "It's Over! It's Over!". A bit premature.

Re: Chants for Cavs
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 09:06:44 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
You gotta love the nosebleeds!  Usually I sit up there and the fans are awesome!  I'm still usually the loudest one, but noone gets upset at me screaming and standing up all game.  In game 1 I sat in sec 13 and was surrounded by a mixed bag of people.  Unfortunately (for him) I had some old guy behind me poking me in the back to sit down (no way).  He also clearly wasn't super psyched about my buddy and I screaming all game till our vocal cords wore out.  Whatever, there's a butthole in every crowd I guess.
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 09:12:51 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Where were you sitting?  I think we were really close!  The "Sideshow" chant was actually started by us (actually, the guy next to me started, and we got it going).  It was a great atmosphere.  My friends and I were going nuts, and I recognized the guy next to me cuz we were next to each other in line when getting the tix (on sunday).  I had a conversation about him about UMass (we both went there) and I think he got pretty pumped up that we were all pumped up.  By 2nd quarter, we were trying to start chants up. 

Another entertaining thing was this one guy trying to get the wave going.  Anyway, I think we should've been really close to each other cuz I also heard the "It's all over" and that made my teeth cringe (u dont do that unless we're winning to close out the series).  By the way, I was on section 309.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 09:39:56 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
I was in 310, row 15 (back row) for the first half. My bother and his friend were in our regular center-court front balcony seats. Shortly after the second half began, he called me and said two 2nd row balcony seats had just become available in 316 (two underage drinkers had been bounced), so we moved down for a closer view.

But I must have been close to you in the first half.

Another chant that keeps coming up, at games, after games in the concourses, out on Causeway Street, and in the subway: "Sca-la-bri-ne! Sca-la-bri-ne!" It's weird.