Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in trying to put a pickup game together?  (Read 15145 times)

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I was just wondering, with the summer almost upon us, and i'm going to assume a bunch of us around boston, If there was any interest in mabey getting together to play some ball at some point this summer. I think it would be fun, if we could find an open court on a sunday or something and play some games.

Just checking if there's any interest.  :)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline FanInTheSouth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 4
I'd be all over that, but living in NC it would probably be a little to far for me to drive  :(

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Ya I'd be down
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I'm down.  I live on the North shore.  WHere do you think we could play?
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
haden't even thought that far ahead yet, im not in a regular game right now (just moved), Just seeing if there's some intrest.

Hopefully someone who plays ina regular game will know of a court, so far seems like we could get some players  :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline bringbackcousy

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 20
I would be intersted in playing some pick up games.

I know of a place on washington street(and Lenox st) that has 3 courts in a row that are never really being used. Its called Ramsey Park.

Also there are a few courts off of treemont behind the police station, but they aren't in the best condition.

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I'd be all over that, but living in NC it would probably be a little to far for me to drive  :(

I'm down in NC as well, so we could carpool FaninTheSouth!

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'm down. I live in downtown Boston; there are a few courts in the area and by the North End that are okay.

Offline thechief22212

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
im in providence and work for the men's bball team. i could get us into our practice gym to play if you all want.

Offline Oldschoolkid

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
I am interested, I currently play at the longfellow club in Natick, i live in Somerville, tufts has some nice outside courts that get average action / players, and there are a few good, unused courts around in Somerville, but i can travel to a game also, i am interested in RI games as I will be down the a lot in the summer! I play forward, Leon Powe type, but unless i lose a few lbs, maybe Glen Davis! Whoo-aaahh! (gotta stop consuming before my sneakers get too far away to tie!)

Re: Would anyone be interested in trying to put a pickup game together?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 11:22:22 AM »

Offline Oldschoolkid

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
The North end place is good, but like the backBay, no where to park the car!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 11:36:05 AM »

Offline RedsCeltics34

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 45
  • Lets Go Celtics!
I live in Quincy, Id be very down for this.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 11:44:03 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
nice, i work in quincy, live in roslindale.

I'm down for traveling anywhere aroudn the area, i say lets see who else jumps on board and then mabey try pinning down courts for a few weeks from now.

If this works out, might be a thing we can do semi weekly or something.

This might turn into one of the best idea's ive had at 6 in the morning before work lol.  ;D

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 12:04:05 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
We've got a nice court at my.... work..... in San Mateo.... California...  :-[

D'oh!

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »

Offline chrismcc13

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Washington and Lenox sounds good to me.  Never been to those courts, but I live in Roxbury Crossing nearby.  Sunday anyone?  Maybe noon?  I'm down for any other suggestions,  the important thing is most of us agree on a time and place