Author Topic: Foul Weather Fans  (Read 11488 times)

Re: Foul Weather Fans
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Thanks, Edgar, yet another TP for you my Salvadoran friend.

my pleasure man

after all
WILL WORK FOR TPs!!!  ;D[/size][/color]
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 06:22:46 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Here's my prediction. For three days, 72 hours, right after the Celtics win the championship, the number of hits to Celticsblog will fall to virtually nothing due to the fact that no one will really have anything to complain about.

Redz, I have said the exact thing that you OP'ed in this thread a dozen or more times and so far you have pretty much gotten all the same standard answers I have always gotten.

I think after the next complete whitewashing of a playoff team this postseason I'm going to start a thread called:

"The rah-rah, everything is right in Celtics world thread. Disclaimer: this thread may cause convulsions of happiness most most posters of this site. Please enter at your own risk!"

Here's another guess, it will not receive one single hit.

A lot of traffic is people pointing out how silly certain ranting and armchair coaching posts are.

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2008, 10:43:23 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
I apologize for my overconfidence and for selling the Cavs and every other team short. I apologize that you, as a Cavs fan do not like to hear such things. But this is CELTICSBLOG and you are bound to have a poster or two that actually want the Celtics and look forward to the Celtics winning another championship.

Just like you look forward to the Cavs winning the first Cleveland pro sports championship since, well I don't know. I'm only 43 and they haven't won one since I was born so, let's just say since the birth of Rock N Roll. That's probably about right.

Ha!  I knew that would get someone riled up...I actually thought it would be Budweiser.  I know what site I am at and I am not hear to tell everyone they are wrong.  We are all fans, and I expect fans of the Celtics to be confident in the Celtics.

My statement was made with heavy sarcasm.  The fact is that as a Cleveland fan I of course look forward to the first pro championship here in my lifetime.  Boston was in the same place a few years ago.  But the outcomes of these games do not make or break my life.  You can taunt me and call out the fact that Cleveland hasn't won in forever, but the fact is that I will still be waking up tomorrow and playing with my son.  That's what makes my day. 

I am not here to taunt and my comment was all in good fun.  Read my other posts if you don't believe my intentions.  No disrespect meant.

Sarcasm is sometimes very hard to read from posts, as I am sure you are well aware of. It is good that you have the proper perspective on life, family first as always. TP4U for having your priorities straight and for having the cajones to come here and take some of this crap.

BTW, I love the city of Cleveland. I went to Case Western Reserve and went to many a basball game at the Mistake on the Lake. Even tookin some World B. and Mark Price era Cavs games. Of course, getting tickets then were a lot lot easier.

Thanks.  I enjoy that I can come on this board and talk with fans of another team.  I always try to be respectful about it. 

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 11:30:53 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
sign of the times...the new guy from Ohio already has 7 Tommy Points.

my oh my, how things have changed.  Larry Bird rear-ends Michael Cooper and knocks him on the floor...Kevin McHale clothesline's Kurt Rambis.

And now we pick up the opposition and EVEN give their fans tommy points...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum

my oh my, how things have changed.  Larry Bird rear-ends Michael Cooper and knocks him on the floor...Kevin McHale clothesline's Kurt Rambis.

I have been giving Tommy Points as well.  I don't see an issue with a little respectful talk.  The points have been given because I have made compliments to the C's and their fans. 

If I was in here running my mouth and bad mouthing people, well then that would be a different story.  But, I am not a Wizards fan so that bad mouthing won't be happening. 

I like the objective discussions and I also understand the passionate fan who thinks I have no right to be here. 

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 11:46:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I have been giving Tommy Points as well.  I don't see an issue with a little respectful talk.  The points have been given because I have made compliments to the C's and their fans. 

If I was in here running my mouth and bad mouthing people, well then that would be a different story.  But, I am not a Wizards fan so that bad mouthing won't be happening. 

I like the objective discussions and I also understand the passionate fan who thinks I have no right to be here. 

Of course you are welcomed here. 

Anyone who can have intelligent, respectful conversation about basketball  is a good addiction to the forums.  No matter who they root for (though laker fans might be the exception)

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 12:00:23 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Now if Laker fans start getting Tommy Points, McHale is likely to come on here and cyber clothesline us all.  :)

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 12:38:58 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
it was a joke... ::)

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
it was a joke... ::)

Ha!  My bad there.  It really is hard to read sarcasm on these posts. 

I definitely know some fans in Cleveland who would say something like that and not be joking. 

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 04:33:05 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
i grew up in northeast ohio...not far from canton.  i listened to joe tait on the radio and remember staying up late and listening to cav's west coast games (john bagley, world b. free, edgar jones, phil hubbard, lonnie shelton, ben poquette, etc.).

my favorite group of cavs were the mark price, brad daugherty, larry nance, mike sanders, craig ehlo, ron harper, john "hot rod" williams bunch.  if it weren't for some guy named michael jordan i bet those teams would have won at least 2 titles...

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 06:38:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Actually the Wizard's fans are good respectful people. It's the Wizard's players that are trash talking, disrespectful, self serving, egotistical, overbloated bloggers.