Author Topic: Julio Lugo must be stopped.  (Read 9207 times)

Re: Julio Lugo must be stopped.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Theo's Achilles has been the Shortstop position.

I still liked Alex Gonzalez

Gonzalez couldnt hit for his life.  He also got paid WAY more then he was worth.  He also made 16 errors last year in 110 games.  He also has only played 110 games since he left do to numerous injuries including a broken knee cap.  Letting Gonzalez go was the right move.

why no chants for Pokey Reese if we are going down the line of all defense no offense ss?

Gonzales makes about half what Lugo makes, and last year hit .272 with 16 HR's. Also, the year he was here he only made 7 errors, which is probably how most of us remember him.

I don't think Lowrie has what it takes to play short either, and there really isn't anyone else down on the farm. I don't think that Lugo's down right horrible, and if the biggest flaw with your team is that your 9 hitter hits around .250 and is average defensively, then your probably in pretty good shape.

A little OT, but one thing that bugs me about Lugo is that can't even bunt. He literally bunts it out of play most of the time.

One more thing, did anyone notice that throughout the ninth inning last night they kept showing shots of Lugo standing there at short after he made the error? Then after the bloop to end it, they closed up on Lugo running off the field. Okay NESN, we get it. >:( He blew the game. It wasn't the only thing that didn't go well for the team last night......

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 11:48:42 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Theo's Achilles has been the Shortstop position.

I still liked Alex Gonzalez

Gonzalez couldnt hit for his life.  He also got paid WAY more then he was worth.  He also made 16 errors last year in 110 games.  He also has only played 110 games since he left do to numerous injuries including a broken knee cap.  Letting Gonzalez go was the right move.

why no chants for Pokey Reese if we are going down the line of all defense no offense ss?

Gonzales makes about half what Lugo makes, and last year hit .272 with 16 HR's. Also, the year he was here he only made 7 errors, which is probably how most of us remember him.

I don't think Lowrie has what it takes to play short either, and there really isn't anyone else down on the farm. I don't think that Lugo's down right horrible, and if the biggest flaw with your team is that your 9 hitter hits around .250 and is average defensively, then your probably in pretty good shape.

A little OT, but one thing that bugs me about Lugo is that can't even bunt. He literally bunts it out of play most of the time.

One more thing, did anyone notice that throughout the ninth inning last night they kept showing shots of Lugo standing there at short after he made the error? Then after the bloop to end it, they closed up on Lugo running off the field. Okay NESN, we get it. >:( He blew the game. It wasn't the only thing that didn't go well for the team last night......

agon hit 9 homers with us.  I also dont doubt that he was a fantastic defensive ss for us.  he was.  but at least lugo hasnt been injured.

I also think the contract given to him was mornonic...but thats what we are dealing with, and there really is no one that is a better option (as you have said).

unless they can find someone to take him in a trade(and i find it hard to believe they will pay another ss to play elsewhere like renteria) we are likely stuck with him for the duration of his contract

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 03:18:14 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Everything will be OK once Hanley Ramirez makes his way back to Boston.

Hanley is a great hitter, but not much better in the field than Lugo.

Hanley = Best player in baseball. (A personal favorite, besides Ken Griffey Jr.)

Also just got locked up by the Marlins...yuck.

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 05:48:56 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200

Hanley = Best player in baseball. (A personal favorite, besides Ken Griffey Jr.)

Hanley to sign 6 year 70 million deal w/ Florida.  ESPN has the details. 

Taking Hanley out of the mix, Lugo is doing better than any of the other short stops the Sox have had since 2004.
                                         AB  R  H  HR RBI SB AVG
Lugo, Julio SS BOS          123 10 35  0  9  5  0.2846
Renteria, Edgar SS DET    136 17 37  3  18 1  0.2721 
Cabrera, Orlando SS CHW 134 19 28  1  5  1  0.2090
Gonzalez, Alex SS CIN   yet to play

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

Taking Hanley out of the mix, Lugo is doing better than any of the other short stops the Sox have had since 2004.
                                         AB  R  H  HR RBI SB AVG

Don't forget his 11 errors.

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200

AB  R  H  HR RBI SB AVG

Don't forget his 11 errors.

I know, Cabrera has just 1 -- but he's batting .209 -- Renteria is looking pretty good right now and I believe the Sox are still paying part of his salary.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Don't know if anyone's watching this game, but it seemed an appropriate time to renew this topic .... Lugo's useless! (I'd pull Lester pretty soon, too)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Another screw-up by Lugo! Man ... this guy is really becoming a detriment to this team!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *