Author Topic: Gilbert Arenas Blog on nba.com  (Read 6510 times)

Gilbert Arenas Blog on nba.com
« on: May 07, 2008, 04:34:09 PM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
I think the Celtics are great as a team. They came together as a team real quick and played real well. I was annoyed by Arenas blog.

see below...

Scouting the Playoffs
BOS-CLE -- There are players I like on each of those teams, but overall, that’s two teams that I don’t really like that are playing each other. So I’m not even going to look at that series. I mean, there are individual players I like on those teams, but as a team? Nahhh.

SAS-NOH -- I’m loving what Chris Paul has been doing this whole year. I’m going to watch that series carefully. I know the Hornets have a 2-0 lead right now, but you still got Duncan and the boys over there. It’s hard to beat Duncan and the boys. New Orleans is doing a great job though this playoffs, you have to take your hat off to them. This is just like the Phoenix-San Antonio series in the sense that, whoever wins, I won’t be disappointed.

LAL-UTA -- I’m going to give that series to the Lake Show. The Jazz have to put Kirilenko on Kobe, but he’s one of those players in a great system where he can’t get doubled. That’s the reason why I love playing with Antawn and Caron and before that Antawn and Larry. When you have two players on that court who can average 20, they can’t really do much with you. They got to play you one on one, or those other players are going to kill you. Now that he has Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom doing what he does and Luke Walton contributing, he has a great cast right now. They should be thinking championship.

DET-ORL -- I love Dwight and I love what they’ve done with that team this year, but I’m going to give it to the Pistons because Chauncey is too big for some of the Magic guards, unless they switch up and start playing Keyon Dooling a little more because he’s more athletic. If they get into a halfcourt game with this team, then Detroit is going to win it because they have enough big bodies to stay on Dwight and keep him somewhat contained.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 04:51:33 PM by TracyRose »
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

Re: Gilbert Arenas Blog on nba.com
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 04:54:42 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
It's just sour grapes.  Arenas already lost to the Cavs, and if he had played the Celtics they would've lost too.  Talking about team, where is his TEAM?  His team was just talking smack and instigaint stuff instead of playing ball.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 05:00:57 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It's just sour grapes.

Yep.

The Celts spoiled his "guaranteed" victory on opening night, and the Cavs beat his team in the playoffs.

Of course, he still may hold a grudge that the Celts passed over him in the draft after indicating they had strong interest.  Stupid, stupid Chris Wallace.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 05:10:05 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Is your team considered in trouble if someone is suggesting Keyon Dooling gets more run for you?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 05:12:16 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i love his anyalisis of the lakers-utah series. No one doubles you because your not on the floor gilbert...
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Washington Post reported that Gilbert isn't going to be blogging next season or any time in the future. Enjoy it, these posts will probably be his last.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 06:05:32 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I thought he was supposed to have the best player's blog. That sample was pretty weak.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 06:08:33 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Washington Post reported that Gilbert isn't going to be blogging next season or any time in the future. Enjoy it, these posts will probably be his last.

Too bad, I think it would be really interesting to here his comments during his contract negotiations this offseason. If he does opt out of his contract, as he has said over and over he is going to do, I wonder if his value will still be as high as it was last season.

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 06:36:42 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Too bad, I think it would be really interesting to here his comments during his contract negotiations this offseason. If he does opt out of his contract, as he has said over and over he is going to do, I wonder if his value will still be as high as it was last season.

I can see him opting out, then getting a bad deal and then trying to "prove everyone wrong" for not picking up his salary.  That's his only motivation to play.  To prove people wrong, which is good enough to get you to a certain point in ur career, but you've gotta sometime start thinking about winning.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 09:03:03 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Everyone on the Wizards (outside of Jamison and Butler) should have a permanent gag order placed on them.  I have never seen so many trash talking players on one team.  Especially on a team that can't make it out of the first round of the playoffs

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 11:45:08 AM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
true MmacOH!
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 12:05:51 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hey why crucify Wallace for passing on Arenas when he also passed on Tony Parker and Tinsley to take.. Joe Forte?
I mean wow.  2001 we had 3 1st round picks, and the chance to totally overhaul the team if we had picked the right players.  Joe Johnson was a good pick, but we never let him develop.  And our other picks we wasted on complete busts when all-stars were available all the way into round 2.  2001 was the draft where everyone with half a brain could see that something was terribly, terribly wrong with our franchise organization.  All I can say is thank god for Ainge, and all the Ainge bashers better eat some humble pie now.  Ainge built up chips through smart/astute drafting to acquire Ray Allen and KG.  And even now his draft picks are paying off big time in Rondo, Perkins, Powe, and even Big Baby making contributions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_NBA_Drafthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_NBA_Draft

It's just sour grapes.

Yep.

The Celts spoiled his "guaranteed" victory on opening night, and the Cavs beat his team in the playoffs.

Of course, he still may hold a grudge that the Celts passed over him in the draft after indicating they had strong interest.  Stupid, stupid Chris Wallace.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Arenas recently said in his blog he wouldn't return if the Wizards don't keep Antawn Jamison as well. I bet the Wizards organization wishes he would end that blog now.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 12:24:09 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

BOS-CLE -- There are players I like on each of those teams, but overall, that’s two teams that I don’t really like that are playing each other. So I’m not even going to look at that series. I mean, there are individual players I like on those teams, but as a team? Nahhh.

Another great reason to get No. 17.
Just to shut this dude up!

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 12:32:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Another great reason to get No. 17.
Just to shut this dude up!

I'm afraid you would need much more drastic measures to ever shut Gilbert up.
Yup