2 (9.5%)
Pierce/LeBron
0 (0%)
Perk/Zidrunas
0 (0%)
KG/BWallace
12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Poll: Lets help Doc. What's the matchup you would go to?  (Read 3551 times)

Poll: Lets help Doc. What's the matchup you would go to?
« on: May 07, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I think that RA taking only 4 shots(in 37mins), when guarded by Wally/Boobie its a crime.

Anyways, what's your take?

Re: Poll: Lets help Doc. What's the matchup you would go to?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »

Offline 86 Celtics

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
I voted for the KG/Wallace match-up because it looked good last night.  However, before the game I thought Ray might go for 30 versus Wally.  I'm still in shock that he only took 4 shots.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I agree going into this series I thought Ray Allen had the best match-up.  I still think Ray has a pretty good match-up it just that Doc has to call his number more then 4 times. 

That being said I think Rondo/Cassell vs West/Gibson is a match the Cs should have there way with.  Rondo does not fear Delonte, he took it too him all the time in practice a season ago and he took it to him last night.  When Cassell is on the court we should force Gidson to play D by putting Sam in the post.  If anything it will force the Cavs to double Sam and if they dont Sam can go to work on Gidson.  I love our PG's in this series.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
KG first option, Ray second option. Pierce is a distant third. That's what I'd like to see.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 06:34:55 PM »

Offline maxw318

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
i really hope KG starts taking game over more, especially in a series like this one where lebron will be trying to do the same thing and we'll need someone to match him, however i do not want KG to be selfish because its been his unselfish-ness thats been part of the key to our success all year

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 06:39:30 PM »

Offline swe1989

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
1st option:  KG against Ben Wallace.  Ben is a shell of himself and is not big enough to guard him.
2nd option:  Ray allen vs. wally.  I was surprised that Doc did give the ball more to him.  Wally's defense is at least 3 steps lower than ray on offense.  Wally could not guard a rock if he had a defensive assignment on one.
3rd option:  PP vs. LBJ.  PP is not fast enough to get by LBJ so it's a lot harder for him to do well offensively.  The reason why PP hasn't done well against the Cavs this yr. is because he has to use his energy guarding LBJ on D and because LBJ is a lot more athletic than him 1 on 1 so PP is better passing the ball off.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 07:27:34 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
KG versus anybody Cleveland puts on him
Then Ray versus Wally (use more screens)
Rondo versus the Cleveland points.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 09:41:54 PM »

Offline lefty12

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
i suppose eveybody is pretending to watch the games, but if you cant see rondo has been the key early in each playoff win, maybe you should pay attention to #9.

and we dont need in-depth statistical analysis from the guy in ro-diland to verify that assertion.

somehow the kid has managed to overcome doc "freezing him out"  :P

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 08:20:39 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
1st option:  KG against Ben Wallace.  Ben is a shell of himself and is not big enough to guard him.
2nd option:  Ray allen vs. wally.  I was surprised that Doc did give the ball more to him.  Wally's defense is at least 3 steps lower than ray on offense.  Wally could not guard a rock if he had a defensive assignment on one.
3rd option:  PP vs. LBJ.  PP is not fast enough to get by LBJ so it's a lot harder for him to do well offensively.  The reason why PP hasn't done well against the Cavs this yr. is because he has to use his energy guarding LBJ on D and because LBJ is a lot more athletic than him 1 on 1 so PP is better passing the ball off.
See, i dont get this. ???

All teams run sets for 90%+ of the game.  It is the job of  THE PLAYERS on the floor to find Ray.  Out of timeouts a set play may be drawn up, but apart from that, Doc cant/wont say to them, ok next time down the floor give the ball to Ray.

Rays best option of scoring is movement off the ball.  If the players cant find him at the right times then thats their fault, not Docs.  And for those who suggest to give Ray the ball in the blocks against Gibson, well thats just not going to happen.

When was the last time you saw Ray post up a player?  I cant even think of times in his Bucks days where this would happen.

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 08:29:46 AM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
I thought Rondo was doing anything he wanted against Delonte in Game 1.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.