Author Topic: Through 35 games, the Red Sox have the best record in the American League  (Read 7004 times)

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It's very weird to have the Sox getting overshadowed by the Celts, but it's definitely a nice role reversal.  I'm a hardcore Sox fan, but I feel as though the Celts have been left a little by the wayside in recent seasons.  It's awesome that, despite the Sox rolling along right now, the Celts are getting the proper amount of attention.

I know most years, all we'd be talking about is how the Sox are cruising, in spite of injuries, bullpen problems, and recent slumps by Papi and Manny (in terms of RBIs).  I live "out of market", so the only thing I have to rely upon is national media coverage, and the Boston newspapers online.  Are things back in Boston as muted about the Sox as they seem?   

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yes, from what I've heard on the radio this morning teh Celts have finally moved to front burner.  Last night's game certainly left a lot to talk about too. 

The Sox are a machine now.  Just an amazing group of veterans and youngsters who play like vets. 

Youk's my Sox MVP so far.  His flexibility (and performance)has been a huge asset.
Yup

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This current Sox win streak has certainly quieted things down and brought more regional focus to the Celtics.  I have to think that if the Sox were in the midst of a 5 game losing streak, WEEI and the media outlets would be harping on "What's wrong with the Red Sox?" and you'd see more attention in their direction.  At least with my group of friends and the perception I have just being around is that the focus in the city is finally drifting towards the Celtics.  It's been a long time coming and you could sense as the regular season progressed that more and more attention was being given to the Celtics and it was going to come to a head once the playoffs started.  There is a lot of focus on the boys in Green right now and its refreshing since things around here have been inundated with Sox & Patriots for quite some time.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I should point out though, that Dennis & Callahan seemed to take more interest in the Tuskegee Experiment and the politics around it than discussing last night's Celtics game this morning. What was up with that? Those two never cease to amaze me.  ???

They've also insisted on beating this Clemens thing into the ground while this Celtics run is going on around them...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Apparently the Sox offense is in full swing now.  The "can't score a run if our lives depended on it" streak of a couple of weeks ago is a blip on the radar.  With Big Papi and Lowell joining the hot hitting fray this lineup is once again completely scary. 

They relentlessly erased a big lead by Detroit tonight and now lead 9-8 in the 8th.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:40:23 PM by Redz »
Yup

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
By no means am I saying this to cause an argument because it's a massive uphill battle for my Blue Jays, but if this pitching keeps up I hope your Red Sox can win 92-95 games or it's going to be an interesting AL East this season. Pitching is consistent, the bats are coming soon. As for the rest of the AL there's not much out there this season. It'll probably be the boringest season in the MLB since before the strike.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Uggghh...A check swing infield hit, an error by Lugo, a sac by Pudge, a groundball to 2nd to tie it, and a bleeder to win it for the Tigers - Polanco's a pain in the butt

Baseball's a funny game...
Yup