Author Topic: Lebron the Crybaby?!  (Read 13900 times)

Re: Lebron the Crybaby?!
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Reading through all this and after watching the game, I still haven't seen anything that makes me feel Lebron is a crybaby. He might look at officials in disbelief sometimes but anybody who pretends Pierce doesn't do/hasn't done that is nuts. Some of the lack of respect he gets (and I do agree with the fact that Pierce does not get veteran/All Star respect from officials - I don't like that that system exists, but it's even more frustrating when that pecking order does exist and work against you when you play All Stars but it does not work for your All Star) is probably related to the asenine head wrapped in ice packs thing after the Indiana game three years ago. That was more of a crybaby move than anything I've seen Lebron do.

I'm not calling Pierce out, I don't see him whining about calls in the media barring that one incident. But the thing is, I don't see that from Lebron either. Lebron complains on the court sometimes. So does Pierce. But neither does it on the level of the Spurs or Pistons. And neither blames losses on officiating. Lebron admitted last night he was just off. "I missed a lot of shots I know I can make. I missed layups. Those layups I've made my whole life." No mention of refs, no whining.

Maybe he milked the flagrant call, but I agree with some others, if you can get better for your team, why not? If the refs watched the plays more closely and not the reactions of the players, they'd make better calls.

And I agree with MMac, I do hate blaming losses on officiating. Last night, the refs let a lot of action go, but I guess it probably was pretty even. Given that I watch games with a bias, if I don't feel a game was egregiously officiated, then it was probably pretty fair. Even though Atlanta shot ten more free throws per game than we did and I thought there were some terrible calls, we lost the games we lost, it wasn't officiating. And last night, had we lost, it wouldn't have been officiating, it would have been the failure to get any clutch contributions and any contributions at all from Pierce and Allen. Instead, we got huge plays down the stretch from KG, Cassell and Posey, and we won.

The Cavs have no right to whine about officiating as the reason they lost, and we would have no right to whine about officiating as the reason had we lost. Both teams played pretty crappy - the team that got more good performances in a crappy game won. KG, Perk, Posey and Cassell all played well for Boston, I'd say only Ilgauskas and maybe Wallace and Pavlovic played well for Cleveland. Wally was decent but I'd personally want more than 5 for 14 from him on a night when Allen didn't make him work at all defensively. Players decided the game, whether there were bad calls or not. It was pretty even on the whole. I just hope it remains the same.

My first tp giveth....I really enjoyed this post, and I couldn't agree more

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2008, 04:13:23 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
aaron - good discussion. i really think we agree more than we disagree. tommy point for you. i do think lebron takes it further than anyone else, but he is essentially a product of the system.

paintitgreen - pierce, and other stars, do complain on the court. i dont have much of a problem with that. ideally, it'd all go away, but that's at least understandable. i just dont like complaining to the media after games when you (lebron) get more calls than anyone in the league. and yes, he did certainly complain to the media during the wizards series, and mike brown made sure to mention it last night (i realize that's not lebron). if i was lebron (or mike brown), i wouldn't say a word on the court, because i'd realize that the nba already does everything they can to ensure my (and my team's) success.

do refs ever single-handedly determine the outcome of a game? no. there's always 3 or 4 plays one team could have made that would have changed things. BUT, in the nba playoffs, when teams are so even, the refs can certainly cause a 5 or even 10 point difference in the outcome. in a close game, that often becomes huge. it's hard enough to beat another good team, but it's even harder when you have to compensate for an extra 5-10 points over the course of a game. why make one team work harder than the other to win? why can't it be fair?

if we'd lost last night, THE REASON wouldn't have been the officiating. of course we made plenty of mistakes, as did the cavs. but the flagrant call on cassell certainly didn't help us. it was a joke of a call that made us compensate for an extra 2 points over the course of the game. over the course of a game, there are bound to be bad calls for both sides. but there's no business for calls like that flagrant. if that was anyone in the league other than lebron, that wouldn't have been called. we certainly won't be getting any calls like that in our favor.

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2008, 04:41:26 PM »

Offline john191919

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I have never seen anyone flop and cry for fouls as much as lebron james does. It really is getting on my nervs i was at the game last night i was wondering if anyone can tell me how the crowd sounded on TV every time Lebron was crying to the refs how the boo's sounded and if the bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. chants where loud and clear on TV cuz it was pretty loud inside the Jungle last nite. The last person to do this was Reggie Miller when he would flop every time he shot the ball agianst the celts in the playoffs.. it has been one game and i already hate Lebron more then i did before

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 04:56:54 PM »

Offline Aaron

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18
Everyone should go check out the excellent work Loy's place is doing, bringing us live comments from Cav's fans during Game 1:

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/

Nice to see most of them didn't like the flagrant, either.

Here are a couple comments:

"Does anyone else feel like we are getting all the calls right now? Not that I mind..."

"Great actin lebron that was nice"

"What a horrible call. A flagrant? That's BS. And I'm biased."

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I have never seen anyone flop and cry for fouls as much as lebron james does.
Ever see Manu play?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2008, 09:11:27 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
I have never seen anyone flop and cry for fouls as much as lebron james does.
Ever see Manu play?

Or Dwyane Wade?  or Vlade Divac (his flopping while playing Shaq was always ridiculous)? 

Flopping is everywhere and the refs are falling for it more and more frequently.  I would love to see the NBA crack down on this so we can change the NBA before it turns into soccer