Author Topic: Lebron the Crybaby?!  (Read 13936 times)

Re: Lebron the Crybaby?!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 11:44:17 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I just hope our players are smart enough not to do any imitations like Brendan Haywood.  If they want to imitate him, do it on the court...just not a game 1 imitation.

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 11:53:16 AM »

Offline Aaron

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18
Lebron is definitely an actor.
It did annoy me that he kept checking his mouth
and lips for blood when clearly there was nothing there.
He wants to look pretty for his commercials!
He's so full of himself. He needs to grow up!
He's got impressive talent and athleticism but that's about it.

Let's not get irrational here.  LeBron is an absolute BEAST! 

He has "impressive talent and athleticism but that's about it."?  What more is there?  He's an unstoppable force, and thanks to some amazing D and rotations by Boston we were able to hold him in check and not let him get into a rhythm.  Let's not act like he's some overrated player that only cares about commercials and $$.  Let's not forget about what he did last postseason, specifically to Detroit. 

Yes, he over-acted... but so do we.  He wants to get the call, he wants to hurt Boston... and we want to do the same to him.  Turn your anger to the refs, not the player trying to win the game.  And for the love of everything holy, let's not act like LeBron can't hurt us and get him all riled up.   

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 11:58:02 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Lebron's antice can get annoying (and I'm a Cavs fan) but it is where the league is moving to with respect to how the game is called.  All of this acting, flopping, etc. leads to more foul calls.  None of this stuff would happen if officials would just call the game how it is supposed to be called. 

As for Lebron checking his lip for bleeding...I don't have a problem with him doing it once since if he is bleeding he has to get it fixed before he can play again (league rule).

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 12:01:17 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The entire Cleveland Cavaliers organization is quite simply a large group of complainers. From the players, to the coach , to the announcers, all they do is whine and complain that they aren't getting calls, when they are the most false, protected team in the league.

Can you please show me one quote from a player last night saying that they should have gotten more calls?

Just keep refreshing, I'll have those quotes for you any second. You do realize that the Cleveland Cavaliers have played games prior to last night, in which they have complained profusely, or maybe you don't.

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 12:07:12 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

The entire Cleveland Cavaliers organization is quite simply a large group of complainers. From the players, to the coach , to the announcers, all they do is whine and complain that they aren't getting calls, when they are the most false, protected team in the league.

Can you please show me one quote from a player last night saying that they should have gotten more calls?

I dont know about players, but their coach clearly said lebron wasnt getting calls down the stretch.

I was at the game last night and i was amazed at the amount of acting he does.  I am not sure what showed up on the tv and not, but anytime anyone went near him, he acted as if he had been shot.  one play in particular, perk grabbed a rebound, lebron literally jumped into him, and he jerked his head back like he had been caught by an elbow.  lebron never got touched.  they called a foul on perk.

I was actually in disbelief when they called the two charges on lebron, i didnt think there was anyway they would call them (despite actually being charges)

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
If the officiating lets us play in this series like they did in Game 7 of the Hawks series then i like our chances..

Lebron did go for the Oscar award winning dive to earn a flagrant BS foul last night..of course Casell getting kicked in the head by Z once he had already been fouled did'nt earn us anything when 1 point on a tech could have been huge..

what I don't like is this idea that we have to go to the hoop constantly to get fouls..That would be nice but some calls on the post action and rebounding action would be nice too. Cleveland has a team that climbs over the back quite a bit..

zippy Ilguskaus and Big Ben are master at slightly pushing peopple in the back to gain and advantage rebounding and or bodying you going for a block

Call a few of these
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 12:42:30 PM »

Offline half manbot

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Kendrin Perkins Fan CLub
Did anyone notice what Dick Stockton said in the pregame referring to LeBron.  It was something along the lines of "LeBron James.  He lead the league in scoring, and he lead the league in AMAZING."  And then when he went to the line, they had a little scouting report thing that came up, and all it said was "The Savior".  Are they serious??  Granted, LeBron is one of the best players in the league, but does TNT really need to go that far out of their way to kiss the guys butt?  It's not like LeBron has the power to refuse TNT broadcasts or anything.

I noticed that scouting report thing were it showed a single stat line like "29 ppg in the last series" then had the players 'role' like "Savior".  It was retarded, but they didn't just do it for James, they did it for several players.  I don't recall what the other players were dubbed, I think Posey was the 'defensive stopper'.

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 12:51:25 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I think that really bad call on Cassell, the flagrant, really showed the Refs what a flopper LeBron really is. He didn't get any more cheap calls after that. They even called some of the calls they usually let him get away with. I think all his wining has finally gotten on the Refs nerves.

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 01:17:23 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I can honestly understand why they called the flagrant in the situation, even though it wasn't a flagrant. I don't think it normally would have been called as such but it was the second quarter of Game One of a playoff series between two physical teams, both of whom were involved in combative and borderline dirty series in Round One. The refs are setting the tone they don't want dirty play, that's all. That's why Al Horford got a flagrant in the first quarter of Game Five against us when he made a play on the ball against KG but also wrapped him up to keep him from scoring. It wasn't a dirty play and there was a play on the ball, it was simply a situation where the refs don't want to let that one slip and risk escalation. I think that's why they called it here, too.

I also didn't think Lebron was acting, he did whine a lot more than I'd like but he took a lot of physical play and was a man about it for the most part. He is an absolute superstar who was taken out of his game, I'd imagine it was just a frustrating night. He may have mentioned not getting calls, but he didn't blame his performance on that, and honestly, neither did Mike Brown. He made a side note that Lebron didn't get the calls, especially down the stretch (which is true, I think all of his free throws were in the first half). It was just an observation. There was no Phil Jackson-like accusation of one-sided officiating, just a small comment. I had no problem with it. To me, it was more "we tried to have Lebron take it to the lane to get to the free throw line for easy points but it didn't work" not "the refs wouldn't call fouls on the Celtics." For the most part, the officials were pretty hands off and let the players be physical on both sides.

Now, as for throwing a tip to the officials, I agree the Cavs are pretty egregious on push offs and over the backs on rebounding and we should consider a Spurs/Mavs move of sending in some video. I was shocked the only over the back call I saw was the one on Perk when he had his arm hooked by Ben Wallace but still got the rebound, because Wallace was focused more on faking a foul call than getting the ball. I saw Joe Smith plant two hands in Perk's back and push off at one point (fortunately the lose ball went out of bounds for the Cs on that play) and Z pretty clearly crashed into KG's back on the putback that tied the game at 72. Fortunately we overcame it, but Ainge was livid about that one. That's the kind of collage you might send to the league first thing this morning if not last night.

Just like Cleveland is probably going to push (wisely) for more protection of Lebron, the Celtics can't be passive just because they won that game and not worry about the refs do. If the refs keep ignoring the Cavs' fouls down low but start calling them on us for physical defense on Lebron, we're screwed. Have to stay on the ball. Boston accomplished its first objective in this series by taking Game One, as ugly as it was, they have to take Game Two and go to Cleveland with a little less pressure and get the playoff road game monkey off their backs. But it starts with a nice win Thursday night and we need to do whatever it takes to put ourselves in the best position for that game.

Go Celtics.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
The officiating goes both ways.  Perkins was pushing Wallace in the back all night on rebounds, Garnett pushes off in the post every time he gets the ball, Lebron's second 'charge' was actually a block on Pierce....the fact is that officiating is very judgemental and will always be debatable.

Championship teams (which is what both of these teams want to be) win in spite of the officiating not because of it.  If you play a team close enough where one judgement can sway the game against you then you didn't play well enough to win the game.

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 01:27:53 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
ok, the flagrant foul call - a complete joke. cassell FIRST HIT THE BALL, then lebron's shoulder as he followed through. this honestly probably wouldn't have even been called a FOUL, let alone a flagrant foul, if it was one of our guys. there's no way, under any stretch of the imagination, you can call that a flagrant foul. especially in the PLAYOFFS! and for the CAVS to complain about the officiating? seriously? wow...

like i said the other day, if this series is even halfway legitimately officiated, we win in 5, maybe 4. that's a huge IF though, as we saw last night.

i've been saying for the last several years that Z and varejao are the two biggest hacks in the nba. they're both always over the back, and just constantly slap at people. every rebound we get, at least one of those guys swipes down at the rebounder and hits his arm. i wonder how often perkins could do that. hell, he can barely run down the court without fouling out. if they played for charlotte, they'd foul out within 10 minutes every night. but the league turns a blind eye cause they play with lebron.

posey did foul lebron at the end, but it was well before the shot. if i'm the cavs, i can't ask for a better look than a finger roll from the "king." i'd rather get that shot than have to take the ball out with 5 seconds left.

i'm from ohio, and lebron honestly doesn't exhibit the toughness that most athletes from ohio do. he's a hell of a player, but people would appreciate him so much more if he grew up and stopped his constant acting job.

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 01:31:59 PM »

Offline Aaron

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18
i'm from ohio, and lebron honestly doesn't exhibit the toughness that most athletes from ohio do.

Honestly, what does this even mean?  He plays basketball, not football.  Would you like him better if he were clotheslining and tackling players on the court?  This is the NBA -- the league where the officials can be easily swayed with a little complaining and a little acting by not just the players, but the fans as well.

LeBron is a tank on the court... I don't think he needs to toughen up at all.

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Well in our defense last night Wallace had only 1 foul and that came in the 4th quarter..Either he is just standing around or he got away with a hell of a lot last night..

The truth has to lie in the middle...As long as they let the Cs bang with the Cavs thats okay..But if it goes to the Cavs advantage in the post and rebounding fouls that is bad news..

As for lebron he is a Superstar...But he also goes to the rim quite a bit out of control, his other pet move is too Dig his shoulder into the defender going to the hoop to create space..If you can move your feet stay in front of him, and hold position..These are offensive fouls
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 01:39:15 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
how often did bird, jordan or magic complain like that, on or off the court? how about pierce? garnett? bill russell?

none of those guys ever did that. also, lebron has been treated like jordan by the refs since his first career game. it took jordan, the best player of all time, years (including multiple mvp's and championships) to build that reputation with the officials. lebron was handed that treatment from day 1.

lebron's a hell of a talent, but his whining and acting really bother me, and i know i'm not alone in that.

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 01:42:24 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
and how about our last regular season game against the cavs at home...remember when lebron went down? like an italian soccer player in the world cup, he rolled around on the ground like he'd been shot. 5 minutes later, he was back in the game, good as new.