Author Topic: Lebron the Crybaby?!  (Read 13937 times)

Lebron the Crybaby?!
« on: May 07, 2008, 09:53:13 AM »

Offline JRodtheSnake

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 20
Enough was made of this topic during the series against the Wizards, with the help of Papa Johns and their T-Shirt giveaway.  From watching the flagrant foul against Lebron, he was on the floor for several moments, constantly checking his mouth for blood.  Maybe I missed something, but it seemed apparent to me that Cassell never made contact with his face.
Another acting job by King James? 
"Kirilenko's eyes started to tear in the locker room as he talked in a shaky voice about his frustrations and inability to stop Pierce. He played just four minutes in the final quarter because of his inept defense, but his small consolation was that none of his teammates could do any better".

Re: Lebron the Crybaby?!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:54:36 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No.  Cassell got him on the head.

It wasn't flagrant (he got some ball on it)

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Yeah, He was probably checking his face because he was scared he couldn't do any commercials if he had a cut on it.

yeah, he's an actor.... If you look at the replays, Sam doesn't touch his mouth, yet James keeps touching it like it got cut.....  I hope the Celtics sweep the Cavs cause I'm sick of seeing the league trying to promote him as the savior of the league. ( I'm annoyed that about half their games are nationally televised yet, they are barely over .500)

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 10:06:27 AM »

Offline PointGaurd

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
Yeah it was definitely acting, I just don't want to give them any motivation, so it's good that Sam didn't really make anything of it.  It definitely was not intentional, Lebron tried to continue the play and Sam just wanted to make sure he didn't score,  I think Ray Allen was the other guy, who was totally going for the ball.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 10:07:38 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
He was doing that the last series too.  If he got a tiny little cut the whole game would practically stop.  Everyone would just start watching lebron as he pointed to his cut.

If that was anyone else there is no way that it would have been a flagrant.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 10:10:32 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Actually, if you watch the replays the one angle shows Cassell jabbed him in the eye and lip.  I don't have a problem with him checking his lip there to see if he was bleeding.  PLus, running at full speed and getting hit in the face is going to stun you.  No way cassell did that on purpose though and it shouldn't have been a flagrant foul

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »

Offline Aaron

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18
Like it or not (and I don't), this is the league now.  Full of flopping, acting, overreacting... and the refs protecting the "Superstars".  We do our fair share of this, (not as exaggerated as LBJ last night), so I don't think we should be too harsh on LeBron.

The refs calling that a flagrant IN THE FREAKING PLAYOFFS is what we should be angry about.  LeBron is doing whatever he can to get his team the W, blame the refs for being overprotective.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:57 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Did anyone notice what Dick Stockton said in the pregame referring to LeBron.  It was something along the lines of "LeBron James.  He lead the league in scoring, and he lead the league in AMAZING."  And then when he went to the line, they had a little scouting report thing that came up, and all it said was "The Savior".  Are they serious??  Granted, LeBron is one of the best players in the league, but does TNT really need to go that far out of their way to kiss the guys butt?  It's not like LeBron has the power to refuse TNT broadcasts or anything.

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 10:30:09 AM »

Offline I am... a brain doctor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • ...For me to poop on!!!
I like the end-game press conference where Mike Brown snuck in a subtle comment about James not getting the calls as part of the reason he was off his game. I guess the coach is getting in the crying game well. James gets more calls than anyone except maybe Wade, and it seemed like he had as many as the Celtics in the first half so I have no idea how he can complain about last night. To my recollection, this is the first time in the playoffs that the Celtics got an even number of foul calls with the opponent (I didn't check game seven last round). I can't imagine how much tissue Mike would need if the same thing happened to his ball club.

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 10:33:48 AM »

Offline Aaron

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18
No, we weren't even... they took 26 FT, we only took 18.  They were definitely getting the calls.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
He and Brown are just planting seeds for later in the series.  Superstars always get the calls and at some point, they're hoping all this 'complaining' now leads to Lebron getting a key call with a game on the line.

Just wait till the series goes to Cleveland, that's where all of this should really start to pay off.

I'd be doing the same thing as Brown if I were coaching this team.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 10:40:16 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
I really don't think any team was 'getting the calls last' night.  I think it was a well officiated game (or at least fairly officiated).

Brown's job is to lobby for his player to get calls....it is what smart coaches do.

Brown was referring to Lebron's last drive and missed layup.  It was pretty clear that Posey grabbed Lebron in an attempt to get give the last foul that Boston had to give but it wasn't called.  Any contact after that on Lebron wasn't enough to warrant a foul.

Anyone who has watched cleveland on the road in the playoffs (and I am sure most of you haven;t since you are Celtic fans) knows that the Cavs do not try and tie the game at the end, they go for the win.  Lebron started his drive early because he was expecting to be fouled.  The Cavs were expecting the foul and then would have run a play for a 3 pointer at the buzzer to either win or lose the game

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 11:10:11 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The entire Cleveland Cavaliers organization is quite simply a large group of complainers. From the players, to the coach , to the announcers, all they do is whine and complain that they aren't getting calls, when they are the most false, protected team in the league.

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
The entire Cleveland Cavaliers organization is quite simply a large group of complainers. From the players, to the coach , to the announcers, all they do is whine and complain that they aren't getting calls, when they are the most false, protected team in the league.

Can you please show me one quote from a player last night saying that they should have gotten more calls?

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 11:37:44 AM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
Lebron is definitely an actor.
It did annoy me that he kept checking his mouth
and lips for blood when clearly there was nothing there.
He wants to look pretty for his commercials!
He's so full of himself. He needs to grow up!
He's got impressive talent and athleticism but that's about it.
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird