Author Topic: Perk Stepping Up  (Read 3911 times)

Perk Stepping Up
« on: May 06, 2008, 11:52:56 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Perk has done a great job in the playoffs so far.  He has been a huge factor in all the Celtics wins, playing great defense and banging on the boards. 

I just wanted to give a shout out to Perk for the great work he's doing in the postseason.

Oh, and kudos to Doc for playing Perk more minutes tonight.  It's about time. ;)

"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Perk Stepping Up
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:55:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Perk has done a great job in the playoffs so far.  He has been a huge factor in all the Celtics wins, playing great defense and banging on the boards. 

I just wanted to give a shout out to Perk for the great work he's doing in the postseason.

Oh, and kudos to Doc for playing Perk more minutes tonight.  It's about time. ;)

Though I wasn't happy with most of his games in Atlanta (true for everyone though), he has really stepped up his game. His help defense on LeBron was great, he's making better decisions, shooting better, making his free-throws, all around geat.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 12:00:36 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

love how perk plays
solid seconds from PJ too
nice job from the fastest old lineup at the end too
nice game after an ugly performance from those 2 of the big 3.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 12:01:37 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Yeah, let's show some love for Perk! He matched Big Z rebound for rebound and block for block and played outstanding defense.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 12:05:32 AM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Cosigned.  Perk has been pretty great, aside from that one ATL game when he got in early foul trouble.  He is really making good decisions down low when he has the ball (on those few occasions).  He knows precisely when to shoot or when to kick it out.  And when he gets fouled, he's totally knocking down his free throws.  In fact, we should go to him a little more often to see if he can get Z into foul trouble. . . .

Great job Perk.  We love ya buddy.  Keep up the good work!!

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 12:09:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Perk is the reason why this team won the battle on the backboards tonight. Great performance by Perkins. They need from him the rest of this series.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 12:10:02 AM »

Offline phantom

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Perk is the Celtics glue guy, and he flies under the radar..  I'm glad he does.  He always find a way to get himself open.  Has phenomenal flashes of defense.  Crashes the boards.  Underrated passer.  Vocal and aggressive on the court, composed and wise off the floor and with the mic (I love his interviews).  I'm really proud to see him do well and prove some more doubters wrong.  Who wouldn't want to have a guy like him on your team?  Remember that poll going around at the beginning of the season that had him ranked below Zaza?

I was thisclose to making a thread for Perk the other day, so TP for being the one to come out and do it.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 12:25:41 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Perk was great.

I worry about him and the officials.  He picked up two really cheap fouls (I am still trying to figure out why they were called except that it was Perkins) going after defensive rebounds. 

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 12:43:11 AM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
Perk was great.

I worry about him and the officials.  He picked up two really cheap fouls (I am still trying to figure out why they were called except that it was Perkins) going after defensive rebounds. 

Agreed, why Perk is still singled out for those kind of calls in his 5th year in the league is beyond me.  They seem to be basically incidental contact but he gets called for fouls every time.  Z clearly grabbed his shirt late in the game when Perk had great position on the offensive board, only to have the ball be knocked out of bounds with 1 second on the shotclock which ultimately led to a 24 second violation.  I actually think Z tried to foul him intentionally so Perk wouldn't get the easy follow-up slam, yet nothing was called.  But when Perk goes hard after a board, if there is any contact whatsoever, the whistle blows.  Seems this will never change as I thought it would when he was a 1st or 2nd year player, he is in his 5th year and still gets treated like a Rookie by the refs.

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 12:46:17 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Perk was great.

p

yup W
I was even stranged when Perk got the call at his favor
he seems to be too tough on eyes for NBA coaches
not get any call, but ridicously obious ones
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 09:01:33 AM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
I like Perk too but he worries me when he has the ball. What was up with that pass the first 2 minutes of the game. He gets the ball and throws it away??? Was he passing it to an invisible Celtic? He's got talent...we know this...as you all have said he has been a great contribution especially in the playoffs... but he has to play a little smarter.

Am I alone in feeling this way???

Go Celtics!!!
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 09:05:22 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I like Perk too but he worries me when he has the ball. What was up with that pass the first 2 minutes of the game. He gets the ball and throws it away??? Was he passing it to an invisible Celtic? He's got talent...we know this...as you all have said he has been a great contribution especially in the playoffs... but he has to play a little smarter.

Am I alone in feeling this way???

Go Celtics!!!

That was just one bad play.  I didn't check out the boxscore, but I don't think he had many turnovers at all.  Perk has been great.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 09:06:29 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
perk has improved during the playoffs..he has not declined like most of our playas.