Author Topic: Kevin In The Clutch  (Read 3545 times)

Kevin In The Clutch
« on: May 06, 2008, 11:30:58 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I just want to give Kevin Recognition for hitting two huge shots in the 4th with less than 2 minutes. He's had a reputation for not stepping up in the 4th, well, tonight he did.

Re: Kevin In The Clutch
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
Those were two huge, mega shots for both the team and for KG.  Proving to everyone (including himself) that he can still do that after years away from the big stage could turn out to be a key point in this playoffs run.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 11:45:53 PM »

Offline maxw318

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
i absolutely loved it, i've been wanting him to take more big shots and start taking over games, and alas, he did tonight, great win

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 11:48:32 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I liked Kev banking it off the glass.  I also liked how he played his game tonight. Against Atlanta, he seemed more tense and forcing the shots... he was making it a point to get to the basket, and that's really not his game.  Against the Cavs he looked more relaxed, shooting his trademark corner fadaways and his money jumpers.  That's what I like to see from him... that's his game.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 11:54:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I liked Kev banking it off the glass.  I also liked how he played his game tonight. Against Atlanta, he seemed more tense and forcing the shots... he was making it a point to get to the basket, and that's really not his game.  Against the Cavs he looked more relaxed, shooting his trademark corner fadaways and his money jumpers.  That's what I like to see from him... that's his game.

Garnett is one of those players that plays much better against guys he's played against several times before. He's far better that comfort level, that knowledge of how he can score against them. What moves work well and what spots he should attack them from.

Kevin has that with Ben Wallace and with Joe.

Plus, Ben is too small to guard Kevin. He can't contest any shot that KG takes. Cavs have to take him off of Garnett. It's just a dumb decision, Garnett has had his way with him for years.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 11:58:07 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Speaking of Clutch..... isn't it fitting that the two players on the team with championship rings (Cassell and Posey)  hit clutch freethrows at the end to seal the deal.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 12:02:19 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Speaking of Clutch..... isn't it fitting that the two players on the team with championship rings (Cassell and Posey)  hit clutch freethrows at the end to seal the deal.

Its indeed
and actually confirm why those players
charge what they charge to do theri job
someday
people will understand Money is paid for something
( Not on Scals and GGs)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 12:27:40 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If KG plays in the paint that much every game for the rest of the playoffs, the Celtics win a title. 

Cleveland tried to play one on one.  KG smoked them.

If Cleveland adjusts and doubles him, they are creating the spaces Pierce and Ray need to have big games.  And KG has the talent to get it to them. 

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 12:39:04 AM »

Offline vibaciousb

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
kg's clutch play definitely got a monkey off kg and the c's back, i'd imagine that will give him more confidence in tight, late game situations for the rest of the playoffs.

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 12:46:17 AM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Heck yeah, Kev. tore it up all night long and as you point out specifically, and of course on both ends; The man made his statement with conviction.
 As has been pointed out when he had single coverage and also with help defense too, then kicking it out for the pass over to the open shooter, just a solid great performance!!!

Big props due The Big T. ;)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"