Author Topic: Who is Tired of Sam  (Read 11071 times)

Re: Who is Tired of Sam
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 12:11:56 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
wow ... when i first read the thread title me answer was simply going to be "me", but after reading some of the sam supporters replies, i might be turning. I still say play rondo, but I guess with the ridiculous games ray and paul were having you had to go with cassell,.

I will ALWAYS say play Rondo over Sam
but tonight Sam was the player to go
and it worked for Doc

Thats why he is here,I am pretty sure Doc and Danny are clear of that
why they didnt double garnett
because they were scared of the other 4 ( eve perk down low)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 12:28:29 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
I'm all for what's best for the team.  And that is for the huge part playing Rondo over Cassell. If only Sam showed some restraint looking for his own shots and taking them quickly--I guess you have to take the good with the bad when it comes to Sam.  You almost have to put all the onus on the coach (fairly or not)-- that is, how long and when to use Cassell.

Anyway, boy, must Eddie be feelin' not too good after a game where 11 players saw minutes except him.  Another series not in the rotation.  Needless to say, he won't like to be here next season.

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 12:30:45 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I'm all for what's best for the team.  And that is for the most part playing Rondo over Cassell. If only Sam showed some restraint looking for his own shots and taking them quickly--I guess you have to take the good with the bad when it comes with Sam.  You almost have to put all the onus on the coach (fairly or not)-- that is, how long and when to use Cassell.

Anyway, boy, must Eddie be feelin' not too good after a game where 11 players saw minutes except him.  Another series not in the rotation.  Needless to say, he won't be here next season.

unless he wants another ring  ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 12:32:04 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think Cleveland is tired of Cassell hitting big threes in the 4th. 

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 12:36:38 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
I'm all for what's best for the team.  And that is for the most part playing Rondo over Cassell. If only Sam showed some restraint looking for his own shots and taking them quickly--I guess you have to take the good with the bad when it comes with Sam.  You almost have to put all the onus on the coach (fairly or not)-- that is, how long and when to use Cassell.

Anyway, boy, must Eddie be feelin' not too good after a game where 11 players saw minutes except him.  Another series not in the rotation.  Needless to say, he won't be here next season.

unless he wants another ring  ;)
We have to get one first though.  ;D  Even if we do, I don't see him staying.

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 08:58:36 AM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
I'm not impressed with Cassell.
I do appreciate those 3's he hit last night but overall
I'm not a fan. I'd like to see more of House.
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 09:05:33 AM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
I, for one, am definitely not tired of Sam. He, like Posey, has some serious stones. You need guys like that.

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 09:20:47 AM »

Offline Petro

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'm in no way tired of this guy.Last nite he gets a big rebound falls to the ground gets kicked in the head by big Z and gets up and starts jawing at the refs,Big Z, his teamates and fans while all this is going on we are in the 4th quarter in a tie game in the playoffs with 53 seconds left walks to the free throw line still jawing at everyone and calmly sinks two free throws during all this.Listen he's not John Stockton he's more of a scorer and last nite with Allen and Pierce being cold we needed his offense so kudo's to Sam I am I'm tired of people complaining about him he's a 38 year old back up pg who has the you know what to take big shots I can live with him backing up Rondo.

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I have been a big anti-Sam, but if you are looking at just last night he hit some big shots for us. There were only 2 shots he took that I cringed and yelled at the TV over. Those were first half shots. I wasn't sure that Doc was going to re-insert him in the second half. He did and it paid off. I don't think he had one game in the last series that I think he made a difference, and I think House could have helped, but last night Sam was big. If you want to be upset, be upset at PP's no show offense last night.

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2008, 09:57:46 AM »

Offline DingDongDel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
My problem with Sam is that if his shot isn't falling he keeps shooting. Now I understand having the cajones to take the big shot is a good thing. And I do appreciate that in late game situations. But when it's the second quarter and he's firing away and disrupting the flow of the offense, THAT'S when I have a problem.

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 10:00:38 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
My problem with Sam is that if his shot isn't falling he keeps shooting. Now I understand having the cajones to take the big shot is a good thing. And I do appreciate that in late game situations. But when it's the second quarter and he's firing away and disrupting the flow of the offense, THAT'S when I have a problem.

What was he disrupting?  Up to that point, the offense was KG and Rondo.  Both were out for most of Cassells run. 

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »

Offline DingDongDel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

What was he disrupting?  Up to that point, the offense was KG and Rondo.  Both were out for most of Cassells run.

Sorry I should have clarified my statement. I meant it in more of a general sense when Sam plays, not specifically last night. So by second quarter, I meant it as more of when Sam plays and it's not a late game situation.

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 10:10:41 AM »

Offline PointGaurd

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
Fortunately we have two good options...actually three!! I'd take Rondo over Cassell anyday.  But having a veteran off the bench with that much experience and confidence is crucial.  Sam will not back down from anyone, and when he Celtics had gone almost 8 minutes without scoring I could just see Sam waiting to take the shot, and there's nothing wrong with that... because he was hitting!!

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2008, 10:11:54 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I agree with Rondo probably needed to be in earlier in the 2nd, but I won't it against Doc for sitting Garnett the amount he did in the 2nd quarter.  He played all of the 1st and the start of the second.  He needed some good rest. He sat about 4 minutes, seems about right to me.  Twenty minutes in a half is quite a lot of time, especially for someone like Garnett who can get tired out there.