Author Topic: Who is Tired of Sam  (Read 11064 times)

Who is Tired of Sam
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:16:28 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I certainly am, he doesn't run the offense he just shoots eveytime he gets the ball which is often because he plays point guard. I would much rather see House in the game because he at least lets other people initiate the offense. Sam plays like he doesn't realize that he isn't the player he was years ago. I would even rather have Ray run the point with Posey or TA in for him. One of the reasons that we didn't play the way we're capable of during the ATL series was because Doc was throwing out rotations that he didn't use very much in the regular season. We can't afford to go scoreless for periods of time because we are running the offense through ET.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Who is Tired of Sam
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:28:50 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
sammy gettin minutes must be in his contract..he has had sum good games in the past but now he jus hurtin us

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
i don't even care if we score or not, i care about our defense and whether the other team scores or not, and that is why i cannot stand cassell...anybody can shoot a basketball, but why do we have to sacrifice on the defensive end? play eddie house for crying out loud.  >:(

i wonder if doc is afraid of cassell...if that's the case, ubuntu just went down the toilet.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 09:38:05 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Another sad outcome of this is, Eddy probably doesn't sign with us next year because Doc is showing him exactly how important he thinks Eddy is.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:43:14 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
Another sad outcome of this is, Eddy probably doesn't sign with us next year because Doc is showing him exactly how important he thinks Eddy is.

i wonder what he did wrong? he didn't start shooting bad shots and forcing bad passes until cassell stole all his minutes and he felt the need to prove himself...he was a HUGE part of our 66 win season in my mind.

cleveland will probably sign him next year or something...too bad.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Give 'em the hook, have 'em sit with Scal wearin' a tie...lol
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 09:47:57 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
Give 'em the hook, have 'em sit with Scal wearin' a tie...lol

HAHA he'd look weird with a bowtie wouldn't he? i just thought of that, with the shape of his head and his skinny neck hahaha.

sorta random

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 09:56:08 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This is a bit of an exaggeration, especially in this game.  He was playing with one starter and the rest bench players.  He is the second scoring option in this unit, and only took 3 shots in 7 minutes.  One acceptable complaint would be that you don't like how he moves the ball, but criticizing him, in this game in particular, for looking for his shot only and shooting it everytime he touches the ball is highly inaccurate.

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 10:01:23 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
This is a bit of an exaggeration, especially in this game.  He was playing with one starter and the rest bench players.  He is the second scoring option in this unit, and only took 3 shots in 7 minutes.  One acceptable complaint would be that you don't like how he moves the ball, but criticizing him, in this game in particular, for looking for his shot only and shooting it everytime he touches the ball is highly inaccurate.

it's not even that...its his defense. he can't defend a chair.

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 10:02:25 PM »

Offline AHHH GiVE mE a bReaK

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 10
Amen to that brotha

Sam can no longer run in this league.

he looks like the michelin man on the sideline with all the bags of ice he is wrapped with

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

it's not even that...its his defense. he can't defend a chair.

Yet his defense hasn't been a problem in this game and he played great defense in game 7.  This is yet another exaggeration of your part, and it is what I mentioned since that's why the OP started this thread.

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 10:09:29 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
Amen to that brotha

he looks like the michelin man on the sideline with all the bags of ice he is wrapped with

lol you're right...haha

and budweiser celtic, you didn't even adress his D, it was his offense you were adressing, so i don't know what you mean really...and it's not an exaggeration of one game, it's an overall opinion after watching him since we got him...he can't stay in front of the typical point guard anymore.

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 10:12:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Amen to that brotha

lol you're right...haha

and budweiser celtic, you didn't even adress his D, it was his offense you were adressing, so i don't know what you mean really...and it's not an exaggeration of one game, it's an overall opinion after watching him since we got him...he can't stay in front of the typical point guard anymore.

Because I didn't need to address it as I was responding to the OP, which only talked about Sam's offense as a reaction to his play in the second quarter.  Then you bring up his defense, which has been not a factor in this game being played nor was it in game 7 when, once again I say, he played excellent defense. And since he has played good defense today and excellent defense in game 7, the notion that he can't stay in front of a guard anymore, especially given his recent play, it's quite an exaggeration.

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 10:19:55 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
Amen to that brotha

lol you're right...haha

Because I didn't need to address it as I was responding to the OP, which only talked about Sam's offense as a reaction to his play in the second quarter.  Then you bring up his defense, which has been not a factor in this game being played nor was it in game 7 when, once again I say, he played excellent defense.

ok, well i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one haha. it's nice when his shots fall, but you can't tell me that he plays better defense than eddie has all season long...it's simply not true. i want a guy out there who's cabable of getting down the court quickly to stop fastbreak points. eddie worked his butt off all season, and then we bring in someone who isn't doing it consistently on both ends.

and it's easy to play defense on bibby at our home...just give him an open 3 and you played good defense in that series haha. he pretty much sucked in boston.

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 10:36:18 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Get that E.T. look alike contest winner the heck...Oh My...Wait , what, oh my...SAM for 3 X 2 ... Love that guy ;) lol
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"