Author Topic: Johnny Most's radio call on a classic double ot game from 1987  (Read 6960 times)

Offline 86 Celtics

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Among my old Celtics games collection, I have this one game on dvd that has Johnny Most's radio call as the audio.  I uploaded the last 10 mins for everyone to check out.  I hope you enjoy it.  I always do, as this is one of my favorite games to listen to and watch.  It reminds me of my youth when I would watch the Celtics on television and listen to Johnny Most on the radio...or...having that transistor radio under my pillow at night when the C's were out west.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcruaSZvIlo

In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.

Re: Johnny Most's radio call on a classic double ot game from 1987
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 12:49:12 PM »

Offline cool breeze

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 100
Thanks for the memories! And what a treat to hear Ordway along with J.Most. But no McDLT commercials??  :'(

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
That game was a classic.  Nice to hear Most again.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 01:06:43 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
That's good stuff.  Can't believe that was over 20 years ago...
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:34:49 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
That game was great.  I did remember that one.  I'm pretty sure there's a VHS of that game at my folk's house still.  Great job with the radio audio matching up. 

Crazy to see some of the guys they had on the court at the end of that one.  I guess they had the one important one still.

Yup

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »

Offline doubledowntrent

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1

Do you have any more classic Johnny Most call's?  I have been trying to compile the best of them.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 01:47:27 PM »

Offline johnnymost

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • This year
johnny johnny johnny. I had just been fired from WEEI a few months earlier by Mike Wheeler, and it was amazing that Johnny was able to do these games, considering the physical condition he was in.
No more waiting

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Do you have any more classic Johnny Most call's?  I have been trying to compile the best of them.

I have the clinching game 6 of the Houston/Celts 1981 Finals in audio only form (mp3).  I taped it when I was a kid.  It has most of the game except a good part of the 3rd quarter is missing.  It's Johnny all by himself.  Great stuff.  The file is too big to upload, but I can burn a CD for you.  If you're interested just PM me. (open offer to anyone actually)
Yup

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Thanks for sharing that.  That was cool to hear.  I wonder if anyone has the audio for that game when Johnny dropped his cigar in his pants.

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 02:13:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Thanks for sharing that.  That was cool to hear.  I wonder if anyone has the audio for that game when Johnny dropped his cigar in his pants.

I actually had the pleasure of listening to that game live, and it was one of the greatest things ever.

I was amazed during the attached video above that Most was actually agreeing with the up and down call on Larry.
Yup

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 03:36:49 PM »

Offline 86 Celtics

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12

I actually had the pleasure of listening to that game live, and it was one of the greatest things ever.

I was amazed during the attached video above that Most was actually agreeing with the up and down call on Larry.

Yeah, I agree totally - normally any questionable call against the Celtics was an "Injustice!!"  LOL
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 04:09:48 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i just picked up the '86 championship series on dvd...would highly recommend this to every celtics fan.

to the OP - thanks for sharing this!!  TP for you!
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 04:44:35 PM »

Offline birdbrady

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 74
I have that game, with Most's radio call.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »

Offline buddboy

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • KG. Beast. Warrior. Champion.
That's a great vid. Thanks. What a shot!

Anybody notice the old fan with the cane? ROFL. That was hilarious.

Nice move by Big Mo too. Of course I have to mention Danny Ainge, putting the C's up by 3 with that great 3 right at the beginning.

Yeah, the agreement by Johnny suprised me too. He was pretty one-sided. Him and Tom Heinsohn. There seems to be a trend here... haha.