Author Topic: Celtics Stuff Live! Tonight, Pre-game @ 6:30PM.  (Read 1830 times)

Celtics Stuff Live! Tonight, Pre-game @ 6:30PM.
« on: May 06, 2008, 07:30:07 AM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

The way I see it, the challenges of the concluded Atlanta series should well prepare the Celtics for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

After waltzing through the last month of the season, any lingering bad habits were exposed and overcome.

Aside from the meltdown in the last three minutes of game 6, in which the team almost overcame a surreal 47-25 foul shooting deficit, there wasn't much not to like in games 4-6, except perhaps the fans chanting of "U-S-A, U-S-A," at Za Za Pachulia in the later stages of game 7.

While skeptics can still point to the bad decisions in the later stages of  game 6 and question whether the team can compete in the closing minutes of tight games, particularly on the road, those with a broader vision will remember the games in San Antonio and Dallas, which yielded the opposite result.

According to coach Rivers, as attested by Peter May in Today's Globe , the team is ready.

....preparation. "When Cleveland went up, 3-1, we put away the Washington file," Rivers said. "As for our preparation, we were done three days ago. The players all had booklets in their lockers after [Game 7]. I don't know if they read them or not, but judging by what happened at practice, I think most of them did."

Tonight, Justin and I will  move to the second round of our playoff experience and look at the strengths and weaknesses of the Cavs, as well as provide the latest news from the Celtics camp.

We hope you will join us.

If you have a question for our guest or the show you can call our toll free number (1.866.751.9649), send us an e-mail to CSL@CelticsBlog.com, or join us in the chat during the broadcast.
JB - "Yes Indeed!"