Author Topic: KG Gesture.  (Read 18629 times)

Re: KG Gesture.
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 06:53:42 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
edited

To all
Please NO personal attacks no comments on those

or this thread will be soon locked.

how was my post an attack? all i said was that this discussion has gone off the rails?

not sure why my post was edited  :-\

because btoh oof the other posts were quoted on yours
so It didnt make sense to leavve urs there  :)
saludos

Edgar
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 07:01:37 PM »

Offline icandunk

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
my biggest beef with this whole incident is that KG thinks his heart is on his left chest.

dude, you're heart in in the center of your body.  ;D
are u serious? everyone knows the heart is symbolically on the left side of one's chest! if he showed the center of his chest people would be asking "what the hell is he doing"?

the little smily face icon at the end of post would indicate the level of seriousness.   ;D

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
Kobe rapes a nurse and gets MVP. KG makes a cutting motion towards his neck like a frickin pirate and we, WE celtics fans debate the morality.

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
my biggest beef with this whole incident is that KG thinks his heart is on his left chest.

dude, you're heart in in the center of your body.  ;D
are u serious? everyone knows the heart is symbolically on the left side of one's chest! if he showed the center of his chest people would be asking "what the hell is he doing"?

the little smily face icon at the end of post would indicate the level of seriousness.   ;D

i am retarded! LOL, sorry about that.  it was a long day!

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 07:59:13 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
How is it that one guys bad decisions make another one's okay?! I know since you were a kid you heard the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right"...

Class is something us Celtics fans always had. Where did it go?!

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 08:12:34 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
it's better be over after dang 7 games !!!

And because of that, they have no chance against the Cavs, if they somehow win in 7 against them, certainly they have no chance against the Pistons.  If somehow they manage to pull off that upset, obviously they have no chance in the Finals.  It is clear that the disgrace of having to go 7 games against the lowly Hawks has made our chances of advancing almost zero, just ask Bob Ryan.

wow. way to quit on your team.

This was supposed to be oozing with sarcasm, regrettably it didn't come through.  In no way do I feel this way, I was just reiterating what I heard over and over the last few days on the radio and what was written by Ryan.  All of the talk about "I can't believe they let the Hawks take them to 7 games" is much ado about nothing now, yet I continued to hear it all day on the radio again today.  Similar to, "they should have swept them" which is a fairly ignorant statement.   There is no "should" when it comes to the playoffs, no matter who the opponent.  The goal is to win the series, no points are awarded for doing it in the fewest games possible, and the C's did that.  In fact, I think there is more of an argument for the fact that being tested like they were, will suit them better in subsequent rounds then if they had blown the Hawks out in 4, then they still would have been in that late season mode of not being challenged.  I really think that what they just went through will help them against the Cavs, not the opposite which is still being talked about in the media.

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:50 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
how does me not thinking a grown man making a gesture (which we've seen didn't even HAPPEN in the first place, so i'm not sure why this thread even went off in this direction  :)) relate to my classiness in any way? Does it make me a classless fan because i enjoy KG talking to himself and other players after a good block because he uses a certain profanity? If it does, i guess i am a classless celtics fan, because to me there's nothing wrong with telling someone on national television to go exactly where KG tells them to go.

To me, the game's intensity and passion has gone out the window. I didn't get a chance to see them live, but ive seen all the battles of the 80's through my uncles and vhs, and to me there's no comparison. The things guys did in that error, both with their mouths and actions, would earn them 5 game suspensions now (or more) and you know what?

I'd have loved to be around and be old enough to be a fan during those times, when it was ok to take the game personally, im sorry i missed out on that era (born 1982, not really a fan that i can remember till 91 or 92).
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 09:12:37 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
It doesn't take class to use profanity every other word. It shows a lack of communication skills and intelligence. I am not saying the occasional use of profanity does this, but if you use it every other word then it tells you something. I remember earlier in the year a story about Ray and KG getting into it because he was tired of KG dropping the F bomb every other word. Ray is an example of class, KG is an example of not so classy. That doesn't mean that I don't love his intensity on the court, but I sure don't need him cursing things in the camera that I don't particularly want to hear and isn't allowed to be heard on TV. There is a reason for these being banned. The huge majority of people don't want to hear it. Same goes with his throat slashing. It isn't classy, it isn't appropriate, and I shouldn't have to worry about my kids or anyone else's kids seeing that horrible gesture watching a basketball game. There are so many other things that he could do to make the statement "the game is over". To encourage this kind of behavior as just fine does speak to our classiness as a fan base.

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 09:15:51 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
It doesn't take class to use profanity every other word. It shows a lack of communication skills and intelligence. I am not saying the occasional use of profanity does this, but if you use it every other word then it tells you something. I remember earlier in the year a story about Ray and KG getting into it because he was tired of KG dropping the F bomb every other word. Ray is an example of class, KG is an example of not so classy. That doesn't mean that I don't love his intensity on the court, but I sure don't need him cursing things in the camera that I don't particularly want to hear and isn't allowed to be heard on TV. There is a reason for these being banned. The huge majority of people don't want to hear it. Same goes with his throat slashing. It isn't classy, it isn't appropriate, and I shouldn't have to worry about my kids or anyone else's kids seeing that horrible gesture watching a basketball game. There are so many other things that he could do to make the statement "the game is over". To encourage this kind of behavior as just fine does speak to our classiness as a fan base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYeqGZRo9Q

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 09:27:09 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYeqGZRo9Q

"I am not a role model, but please but these sneakers" ;)
Yup

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

then i guess im a fan person by your definition, and proud to be guilty as charged. because im fine with all the smack talking in a basketball game, to me its part of the spectacle.

Im a celtics fan and i'm classless, Who knew? :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

then i guess im a fan person by your definition, and proud to be guilty as charged. because im fine with all the smack talking in a basketball game, to me its part of the spectacle.

Im a celtics fan and i'm classless, Who knew? :D

TP for your "classlessness" ;)

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2008, 06:34:16 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
edited

To all
Please NO personal attacks no comments on those

or this thread will be soon locked.

how was my post an attack? all i said was that this discussion has gone off the rails?

not sure why my post was edited  :-\

because btoh oof the other posts were quoted on yours
so It didnt make sense to leavve urs there  :)
saludos

Edgar

cool no worries then, thought i was being made out to be a bad guy lol.

anyway, looks like this "gesture" hasn't been made into a big deal, so we can put it to rest.

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2008, 06:42:54 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Barkley, who I love as a personality, was wrong too. If people think that they can be in a position where kids are going to look up to them right or wrong, and not have responsibility then they are crazy.

"Will minus intellect constitutes vulgarity" Arthur Schopenhauer

"Our young people look up to us. Let us not let them down. OUr young people need us. Saving them will make heroes of us all" Gale Sayers

I just don't understand how people can sit there and say that the profanity and the horrible examples these athletes are setting for young children isn't a big deal. You shouldn't have to watch the game by yourself for fear of these things. You shouldn't have to not take them to a game because you're afraid of what you might hear or see. One more generation of youth who push it one step farther and it will be too late to back up. I'm as concerned four your children as I am for my own.

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2008, 06:11:11 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
I just don't understand how people can sit there and say that the profanity and the horrible examples these athletes are setting for young children isn't a big deal. You shouldn't have to watch the game by yourself for fear of these things. You shouldn't have to not take them to a game because you're afraid of what you might hear or see. One more generation of youth who push it one step farther and it will be too late to back up. I'm as concerned four your children as I am for my own.

i understand where ur coming from, but i dont think players have any responsibility to do anything other than play ball.  thats what they are paid to do.  i am a firm believer in fathers stepping up and parenting, rather than blaming others actions.  to me, i would take it as an opportunity to bond and use it as a teaching moment. discuss and review why its not appropriate.

being a parent i understand it makes it more difficult for us to do our job, but you can not keep your children sheltered. unfortunately, it is part of our society. if you feel that strongly that it is that out of hand, as a parent, you have the right of shutting off the tv or changing the channel, setting the parental blocks on your television, as well as not bringing your child to a game. you also can contact the nba and let your opinions be heard. other than that, it is up to you the parent to focus on your child and reinforce right from wrong and encourage them not to emulate professional athletes.  you have made it clear in several threads that you view players as players only.  teach this to your children.

in no way is this meant to come across as being negative, elitest, personal, or derogatory in any manner.  i am also not implying you do not already do these things or questioning your parenting ability. but since you brought up the scenario, i thought i would share my thoughts.