Author Topic: KG Gesture.  (Read 18580 times)

Re: KG Gesture.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 09:56:05 AM »

Offline PaulBonner

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
I didn't see it live, but read in the paper this morning that Garnett turned to the crowd, not towards Unfrozen Caveman Pachulia, and made the throat slash gesture while saying "It's all over".

I echo others' sentiments that levying fines for things of this nature is really taking a lot of the passion and excitement from the NBA, but I also see no difference between something like this and Mutombo waving his finger at the crowd after making a block. This it the NBA, it's meant for entertainment. This stuff really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it's not like this is Barack Obama making a throat slash gesture towards Clinton after winning a primary or something. Can't we all just get past this high-horse garbage and let these guys entertain us without ACTIVELY looking for something to get all up in arms about?

Jeez.

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 10:06:16 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
the funny part is, if you watch the excellent clips in this thread, he didn't even do a "slash" he pulled his jersey aside to point at his heart.

another poor job by the AP pool reporter.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 10:57:32 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
both post being edited.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:57:54 AM by Edgar »

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 11:05:11 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
edited

To all
Please NO personal attacks no comments on those

or this thread will be soon locked.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:58:30 AM by Edgar »

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 04:09:55 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
edited

To all
Please NO personal attacks no comments on those

or this thread will be soon locked.

how was my post an attack? all i said was that this discussion has gone off the rails?

not sure why my post was edited  :-\

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 04:15:33 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
the funny part is, if you watch the excellent clips in this thread, he didn't even do a "slash" he pulled his jersey aside to point at his heart.

In the reporter's defense, we don't know what happened next.  KG was still in the midst of celebrating when that video cut away.

However, if there's no video evidence, I doubt there's a fine, because no video = no controversy, and that's really what the league seems concerned about.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 05:14:16 PM »

Offline The Real Large James

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
It's an appropriate gesture if in fact he did pantomime the slashing of a throat.  Kids are present at these games. However, it's more embarrassing that a great player like KG would get himself that worked up over a eighth seed team that pushed the Cs to the brink and never should have.  That's the bigger mistake.  You save that gesture for the Finals when it really means something and even then you probably shouldn't do it.

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2008, 06:03:35 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

In the reporter's defense, we don't know what happened next.  KG was still in the midst of celebrating when that video cut away.

However, if there's no video evidence, I doubt there's a fine, because no video = no controversy, and that's really what the league seems concerned about.

kg was facing me while showing his heart. my seats are 11 rows up from the floor, so i had a great view. in no way did kg "slash his throat" or however the media wishes to describe it. 

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2008, 06:08:56 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
probably the same AP reporter that described the end of the first spurs game by saying "ginobli was hacked twice in the final two possessions, but no fouls were called"

impartial much?  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2008, 06:10:37 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
I just saw a clip on ESPN that shows him doing a quick little "its over" slash so I think that is what they are talking about. I hadn't seen that in any video before but if ESPN has the video and is making it a topic then he will be fined. Stil not a big deal for me but thats how the league works.

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2008, 06:20:59 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
link?

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 06:26:02 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
The gesture was after he pulled his jersey over showing his heart.  It might be interpreted as a throat slash but it seemed to be lower than at throat.  Hard to explain what it is really.  However it is up to the league to interpret, and it'll be a minute fine compared to his bank account.  Not  much of a subject of interest anymore in my opinion.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2008, 06:42:15 PM »

Offline icandunk

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
my biggest beef with this whole incident is that KG thinks his heart is on his left chest.

dude, you're heart in in the center of your body.  ;D

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2008, 06:50:14 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
The League is just trying to get in KG's head. They want the Lakers to win it. Conspiracy.. ;D

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2008, 06:50:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
my biggest beef with this whole incident is that KG thinks his heart is on his left chest.

dude, you're heart in in the center of your body.  ;D
are u serious? everyone knows the heart is symbolically on the left side of one's chest! if he showed the center of his chest people would be asking "what the hell is he doing"?