Author Topic: KG Gesture.  (Read 18634 times)

KG Gesture.
« on: May 04, 2008, 04:46:25 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Kevin Garnett took a behind-the-back pass from Paul Pierce, slammed in the dunk to give Boston a 36-point, third-quarter lead and then slashed his hand across his throat to signal what the Atlanta Hawks already knew.

"It's over," he said.

in the espn recap they say he's going to get a fine for this. but that's not what this thread is about.

i'm wondering if anyone has a gif and/or picture of this. a few tommy points if anyone does.

Re: KG Gesture.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 05:06:30 PM »

Offline LD42

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
it's better be over after dang 7 games !!!

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 05:11:16 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I didn't see this, but if he did it then once again another "mature" play by one of our stars. You've got to be kidding me KG! A win like that and you have to go and disgrace the team by doing stupid unnecessary things! After the game you just played, why give people in the media something to say negative. Dumb move.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 05:14:59 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
If he made a throat slash, then yeah, he'll get a fine.  He can afford the $25k hit, or whatever it is.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 05:19:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
remember when it used to be ok to be passionate as an NBA player and show a little tude? those were the days.

Can you imagine the 80's and 90's teams with the ridiculous "everyone play nice" standereds now?

I hate the PC'ing up of sports. Any passions is immdeaitly called out by the national media because it hurt your opponent's feelings. These are grown men, they'll be ok. This is just like the ridculous "the patriots are mean because they run up the score" stories. If you don't like them running it up on you, here's a thought, show some pride and do your job on the field.

imagine those piston-Celtics wars with today's media. no way they would have been allowed to reach the heights they did, stern would have fined and suspended both starting 5's after game 2.

between the No fun league and the NBA, any kinda of non-robot responses are now frowned upon. I have no problem with what KG did. ohhh a scary throat slash gesture! hide the women and children!

/rant off.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 05:35:32 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Now if you are talking bout the hit on Zaza - that is the way to send a message.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 05:40:55 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
remember when it used to be ok to be passionate as an NBA player and show a little tude? those were the days.

Can you imagine the 80's and 90's teams with the ridiculous "everyone play nice" standereds now?

I hate the PC'ing up of sports. Any passions is immdeaitly called out by the national media because it hurt your opponent's feelings. These are grown men, they'll be ok. This is just like the ridculous "the patriots are mean because they run up the score" stories. If you don't like them running it up on you, here's a thought, show some pride and do your job on the field.

imagine those piston-Celtics wars with today's media. no way they would have been allowed to reach the heights they did, stern would have fined and suspended both starting 5's after game 2.

between the No fun league and the NBA, any kinda of non-robot responses are now frowned upon. I have no problem with what KG did. ohhh a scary throat slash gesture! hide the women and children!

/rant off.

Great post.  Exactly how I feel.  The league is now a "sissy" league. :-\
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 06:06:32 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Ha!  Bribing with Tommy Points!

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 06:13:26 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500

/rant off.

amen brother. anyone who finds that as a menacing gesture or immature should second guess their manhood. its the playoffs, its ok to be passionate. its not as if garnett means he wants to slash throats of atlanta hawks players. people love to critisize, theyll find anything to complain about. go celts.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 06:16:58 PM »

Offline stanthompsonismyhero

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • The Boston Three Party!
If he made a throat slash, then yeah, he'll get a fine.  He can afford the $25k hit, or whatever it is.
$25K, huh?  According to ESPN.com, his 2008 salary is $23,751,934, so I think KG can swing that. 
Curt Schilling: "It's a stupid idiotic comment to make."

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 06:19:43 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

/rant off.

TP for you, perfectly said

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 06:27:18 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

yeah but no one seems to have it lol.

although i've seen the replay and he doesn't really move his hand across his throat, but he definitely mouths "it's over" and grabs his jersey.

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 06:31:26 PM »

Offline BadBoyBosh

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • drink it in baby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T99aL8j4yyc

hey zaza, headbut retribution is just too sweet. 

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

yeah but no one seems to have it lol.

although i've seen the replay and he doesn't really move his hand across his throat, but he definitely mouths "it's over" and grabs his jersey.

Yeah, in this video, it looks like he brings his hand up near his neck as he's walking away, but the camera cuts away to a replay before you see whether he makes a slashing gesture.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Aw6TTIRFjEQ

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Gesture, schmesture ... I'm really a bit sick of the whole topic, no matter who the focus is ... sorry.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *