Author Topic: It's handshake time...  (Read 2937 times)

It's handshake time...
« on: May 04, 2008, 02:50:49 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Well Atlanta, thanks for playing and have an enjoyable summer.

Mike Woodson can let his hair grow back.

Josh Smith can find a jumpshot.

Pachulia can have a few cigarettes.

Bibby can hit the tattoo parlor.

You gave it your best shot, but you're still not good enough...enjoy your flight home.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Re: It's handshake time...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 03:54:49 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
You have to give Atlanta credit - I've never seen a team take their advantage at home more to heart. They played inspired basketball in Atlanta - they played tough D, hit the boards, ran like heck, hit the big shots, held the celts off.. My hat goes off to them for giving us a huge scare, leading a good portion of the die hard fan base to question the intestinal fortitude of their beloved C's, and making for some darned entertaining basketball.  All I can say is thank god no one (rajon) got hurt or suspended going into the next series.  Good work Atlanta, there's no shame in losing the way you did. You awoke a sleeping giant today and there was no way the C's were losing, but you took us to the wire, and when you're a sub .500 team that's even more impressive.  That team is going to be scary for the next 10-15 years if they keep that core together and add a few pieces for depth
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 04:08:07 PM »

Offline Tw1x990

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
we basically did the same thing atlanta did, win at home .. not a good sign for us in my opinion..

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 04:16:59 PM »

Offline nachoman

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
We did a little more than win at home.

We smothered them in Boston.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss, but we barely lost the games in Atlanta, while the Hawks barely stayed on the court in the Garden.

I loved Woodson's pep talk at halftime.  "Hey guys!  We were getting to the line so much in the other games!  Now we're not!"

Is that a solution or just an observation?

Bye, bye Hawks.  It's fun because it ended well.  Have a great summer, and make sure to catch some of our games on TV.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 04:22:17 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
we basically did the same thing atlanta did, win at home .. not a good sign for us in my opinion..

2 things - who was more convincing in their home wins?

and - as long as we don't lose at home, we've got a title =) (shortsighted flawed logic, but I'll take it!)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 04:31:10 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
I liked the handshakes at the end.

And if Atlanta had had HCA, I think they might've pulled it off.