Author Topic: Game 7 Prediction Contest  (Read 8842 times)

Re: Game 7 Prediction Contest
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 06:55:29 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It's either Bahku (closest to margin of victory) or NF (closest to actual final score), right? 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Game 7 Prediction Contest
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
It's either Bahku (closest to margin of victory) or NF (closest to actual final score), right? 

The winner is whoever I deem to have made the most accurate prediction. So in other words, there's no official way that I'm doing this.

THE WINNER: NF

EXPLANATION: He didn't pick the most accurate point spread, but his combined point total prediciton was 177, only 13 more than the 164 points the teams ended up combining to score. Bahku overshot the combined point total by 38, so I'm not going to give him credit for the 32 point spread (which was only 5 better than NF).

Also, props to billysan for calling the Perkins double-double, Cassell's lack of pt, Bibby's subpar performance, and a below average scoring afternoon from The Big Three. The only problem for billysan was that his final score wasn't close to the actual outcome.

And on a separate note, while scanning the boxscore to decide the winner of this contest I discovered that Bibby only attempted 3 shots all game in 25 minutes of action. It's unbelievable to me that the starting point guard and team leader in game 7 appearances only took 3 shots all game. What is wrong with this guy on the road? He was just a completely different player in Boston than in Atlanta during this series.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!