Author Topic: I can understand..  (Read 4394 times)

I can understand..
« on: May 03, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
why people is so frustrated, angry and dissapointed (I felt the same way last night) but IMHO at this time we need to support the team and show players we believe they can do it...

We are gonna have plenty of time to discuss our mistakes during summer...

Go C's

#18 is coming...

Re: I can understand..
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:15:24 PM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
there's nothing wrong with getting frustrated at the players, refs, doc, etc. there's also nothing inappropriate in discussing it.

but on game 7 tomorrow, we must all be at our loudest (whether in the Garden or watching at home) in showing support for this team.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Good post.  If tomorrow's crowd isn't the loudest or craziest of the season because everyone is disappointed and frustrated that would be a disgrace.  This series has shown how much this team needs its fans and its homecourt advantage that they worked so hard for all year.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 08:38:47 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't think we have to worry about the Celtics not getting home court energy from the Boston crowd. 

We may be angry, but we haven't abandoned the Celtics.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 08:51:56 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I've been a suporter for over 30yrs and won't quit...ever.

That being said, I am very dissapointed that we can't win a game on the road against a 37wins team.  That to me is unaccpetable.  Don't know about most fans, but when we traded AJefferson, I wasn't expecting a possible first/second round exit.  Its just going to get tougher and teams will exploit our weakness(i.e. and the lack of a slasher off the bench is a big one, because in the playoffs, when the game slows down, you have to get to the line...and that ain't happening shooting 3s)

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 09:42:40 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

That being said, I am very dissapointed that we can't win a game on the road against a 37wins team.  That to me is unaccpetable.  Don't know about most fans, but when we traded AJefferson, I wasn't expecting a possible first/second round exit.  Its just going to get tougher and teams will exploit our weakness(i.e. and the lack of a slasher off the bench is a big one, because in the playoffs, when the game slows down, you have to get to the line...and that ain't happening shooting 3s)
I agree with you here on most of what you saying...also been a fan for over 30yrs.,and plan to be one whether the outcome is not good tomorrow,but i agree,i expected us to at least get to the Eastern Conf.finals,if not further.tp for you ;D

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 09:56:25 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

I agree with you here on most of what you saying...also been a fan for over 30yrs.,and plan to be one whether the outcome is not good tomorrow,but i agree,i expected us to at least get to the Eastern Conf.finals,if not further.tp for you ;D

And we can still get there. Atlanta has alot of talent and Cavs have--only Lebron really.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 10:02:56 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

And we can still get there. Atlanta has alot of talent and Cavs have--only Lebron really.
you got that right Nora G..tp for you

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 10:04:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

And a far superior post scorer in Big Z who kills Perkins every matchup. And a far superior team defense, superior interior defense, superior perimeter defense. And a far superior rebounding team, one of the league's best. And they have far more shooters (Gibson, West, Wally), unlike Atlanta who have one.

Cleveland are a much better team

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

And a far superior post scorer in Big Z who kills Perkins every matchup. And a far superior team defense, superior interior defense, superior perimeter defense. And a far superior rebounding team, one of the league's best. And they have far more shooters (Gibson, West, Wally), unlike Atlanta who have one.

Say what you want but I just am not particularly scared or more afraid of the Cavs. I think the Hawks with their young athletic team are the type of team that gives the Celtics more fits then any other type of team.

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Say what you want but I just am not particularly scared or more afraid of the Cavs. I think the Hawks with their young athletic team are the type of team that gives the Celtics more fits then any other type of team.

Atlanta are the perfect team for Boston, it's an easy matchup. The Celtics are just playing badly. It has nothing to do with Atlanta.

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 10:57:36 PM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
I think against Cleveland we have some very favourable matchups. The one to note will be Wally/Allen, I think that could really be a contributing factor. KG should be able to do some serious damage to the new and not quite improved Big Ben. I expect Delonte to be playing with a chip on his shoulder. Pierce has done a nice job on Lebron in the past and I expect can do so again, especially with help defence, etc. Big Z could be a problem, as Perkins loves to leave his man and patrol the paint, or blitz on the pick and roll, etc. This will be a problem as Big Z has a nice mid-range game and I predict a lot of pick&pops. Overall, I think we have them though. Lebron will be playing 48 minutes a game, and bench wise they don't have much.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 11:07:29 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Cleveland is a better shooting team

Cleveland is a better defensive team

Cleveland is better rebounding team

Cleveland is a deeper team

Cleveland went to the finals last year

Cleveland has beaten Boston in Boston this year

Cleveland has Lebron James.

Atlanta is staying in the series by getting to the foul line. 

Is there anyone better at getting to the line in the playoffs the Lebron?

Cleveland is clearly the more dangerous team.  Atlanta is the team the Celtics blew out every game until they decided they couldn't mentally be there for road playoff games. 

Celtics need to right the ship.

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 11:13:27 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
king james and his knights cant hang with the 5 deadly venoms...

*saving 40oz for game7*