New Orleans in 5
0 (0%)
New Orleans in 6
0 (0%)
New Orleans in 7
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 04, 2008, 04:12:19 PM

Author Topic: San Antonio vs New Orleans - Western Conference SemiFinals  (Read 25616 times)

Re: San Antonio vs New Orleans - Western Conference SemiFinals
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2008, 11:31:27 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Duncan is getting some offensive boards,but they are unable to take advantage of them.

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
after watching 3 1/2 games between these two teams,i think if the Spurs have a weak link,its K.Thomas..

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2008, 11:35:13 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I fear that for New Orleans the magic has run out, I think the Spurs will win in six. The Hornets are the one team left in the playoffs, that I see the Celtics not having a tough time with.
Detroit is the team I think the Celtics would have an easiest time with and by a very big margin.

Really? I'm surprised, there's so much experience on that team and a lot of balanced players that play well in big games. Is it the lack of a true star?
Yes that's (lack of a star) a big factor. Another is that by and large I think we match up very well with them. Another is that I think they're weak and there for the taking, they've been weak for three years now.

All four teams in the West are championship caliber teams. I don't think Detroit are. I don't think they can win, that's the bottom line.

The star factor as we all know can be an issue. I see a lot of equality though in the matchups, Rondo penetration vs. Billups shooting, Ray and Rip is a wash, Prince very good defense vs. Pierce elite offense and good defense, Rasheed can't guard KG, but you can't leave Wallace open behind the 3 point line. I am not sure what to think of the Pistons, I wonder how they would fare against this years Cavs?

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2008, 11:38:09 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
Spurs are falling apart late in the third.

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2008, 11:41:05 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
after watching 3 1/2 games between these two teams,i think if the Spurs have a weak link,its K.Thomas..

Well that's not much of a weakness, this one is going to seven (which I don't think bodes well for the Hornets). New Orleans will win tonight, but I can't picture them closing out in Texas. I would love to see the Spurs out of the playoffs, I feel about them the same way as much of the country feels about the Patriots, I'm just tired of seeing them.

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2008, 11:43:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I fear that for New Orleans the magic has run out, I think the Spurs will win in six. The Hornets are the one team left in the playoffs, that I see the Celtics not having a tough time with.
Detroit is the team I think the Celtics would have an easiest time with and by a very big margin.

Really? I'm surprised, there's so much experience on that team and a lot of balanced players that play well in big games. Is it the lack of a true star?
Yes that's (lack of a star) a big factor. Another is that by and large I think we match up very well with them. Another is that I think they're weak and there for the taking, they've been weak for three years now.

All four teams in the West are championship caliber teams. I don't think Detroit are. I don't think they can win, that's the bottom line.

The star factor as we all know can be an issue. I see a lot of equality though in the matchups, Rondo penetration vs. Billups shooting, Ray and Rip is a wash, Prince very good defense vs. Pierce elite offense and good defense, Rasheed can't guard KG, but you can't leave Wallace open behind the 3 point line. I am not sure what to think of the Pistons, I wonder how they would fare against this years Cavs?
I think Detroit would handle them. They'd be good battles but I think they'd be comfortable enough come the end of the game like against Orlando.

Antonio McDyess is a huge difference from last year. Chris Webber's mobility and inability to defend any of their bigs (especially Z) killed the Pistons.

So too did Larry Hughes' great defense on Chauncey Billups. Billups has an easy matchup with West. Cavs will be forced to put Bron on Billups, then Rip or Tayshaun has West in the post. This Cleveland team's perimeter defense was fantastic before the trade and the biggest reason after LeBron that allowed them to win the East ... and they don't have it anymore. Good team D but not the stoppers of last season.

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2008, 11:46:29 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
72-58 Hornets at the end of 3 qtrs.

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2008, 11:47:59 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Looks like N'Orleans is in control here ... been sitting here hoping for a little more excitement, like Joey Crawford challenging Duncan to a fight again ... much as I dislike Joey, he'd kick Timmy's butt!  ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2008, 11:48:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Spurs are falling apart late in the third.
The Hornets defense has been a lot better tonight, specifically at trapping and cutting off the penetration from Parker and Ginobili. That's the difference.

It isn't quite over yet but it's close. The Spurs need a quick run to start the fourth quarter and they need hot shooting.

It's wierd how the Spurs collapsed so suddenly though.

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2008, 11:51:49 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wish Reggie would swallow his mic ... man, his sputtering and illiteracy drives me nuts.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2008, 11:52:59 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
D.West is in a zone right now,this game is starting to get out of control.

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
It's a very bad series for Kurt Thomas and he's a shadow of the player he was in the past. He's isn't a great fit next to Tim Duncan either. Duncan needs a defender with more foot speed next to him so Duncan can defend the opposing centre and stay near the rim.

If David West played with more intelligence he'd have Kurt Thomas for 30-40 points a night in this series. For some idiotic reason he keeps going into the post against Kurt where Thomas has the advantage, where Kurt can limit West, instead of just stepping out to 17 feet and attacking. Thomas can't handle West's quickness and he can't bother his jump shot if he steps off. West hasn't consistently shown any recognition of this. Not in the playoffs or the regular season against Thomas.

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2008, 11:59:37 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
Wish Reggie would swallow his mic ... man, his sputtering and illiteracy drives me nuts.
**** ;D you got that right Bahku!

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2008, 12:00:44 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen

Reggie is pretty bad, doesn't offer much insight and has an annoying voice, perfect combo for broadcasting.

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2008, 12:02:37 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
Hornets are playing great ball right now.