Author Topic: Hands in the air thread (for non-chill, obsessive fans.....)  (Read 2587 times)

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
It's because I watched the national broadcast of game 6 and listened twice while Vany Gundy chastised Celtic defenders, first Posey and then Ray Allen, for not having their arms in the air to bother Joe Johnson while double teaming him, that I'm basing a thread on it.

Vany Gundy's defensive tutorial intensified my feeling that the energy guys have been needed on the road in this series, and strangely left out while Ray Allen and Cassell, and maybe even Pierce (just get him another small blow or two) play too many minutes against younger legs.  Let Allen, Cassell and PIerce play this many minutes against Detroit, for example, who will fatigue as we do, as opposed to this energizer bunny of a team.  I can't take Joe Johnson being so successful as a playmaker after all the great defense I've watched the Celts play this year......

I will not let the best defensive team in the league go down this way.  How?  Well, Donny Marshall is going to read this thread and bring up Van Gundy's analysis during the next pre-game show.  And the importance of keeping hands up on defense will then seep into the Celtics locker room, not as an original concept, of course, but as an important reminder that the Celtics can't win without doing this.....

end of advertisement

Re: Hands in the air thread (for non-chill, obsessive fans.....)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
......hours later.......Okay let's open this up to chilled out, non-obsessive fans, the kind of fans who poke fun at the nail-biters among us!!

On a more serious note, this thread could use a few dittos in order for the Donny M.'s, Glen O's and Danny A's of the world to get wind of it!!!

Hands up, Ray!!!!  Hands up, Sam!!!  C'mon Doc!  Gimme a little Eddie House and Tony Allen!

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »

Offline WedmanIsMyHero

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Bottom line: Doc is not a great coach.  If they win it will be despite him, not because of him.  This group of players, Cassell and Posey excluded, do not have winning playoff experience.  I mean *serious* winning playoff experience.  The Big 3 need leadership from the coach to make it through.

......hours later.......Okay let's open this up to chilled out, non-obsessive fans, the kind of fans who poke fun at the nail-biters among us!!

On a more serious note, this thread could use a few dittos in order for the Donny M.'s, Glen O's and Danny A's of the world to get wind of it!!!

Hands up, Ray!!!!  Hands up, Sam!!!  C'mon Doc!  Gimme a little Eddie House and Tony Allen!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »

Offline ALLSTAR5

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Doc is a great coach. Who else can mend together 3 allstars and bring the chemistry up that fast. obviously its Popovich and look how he turned them into champions. 4 out of the last 9. It all starts with the coach. your view is awful. they have winning attitudes and there very desperate and u dont have to win a championship to have winning playoff experience. each one of the big 3 have won playoff series. plenty of them. the coach is leading the big 3, lets all hope they can get out of the first round.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »

Offline WedmanIsMyHero

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Popovich was a successful NBA GM before he became a great coach.

How else do you define winning experience other than championships? 

The Hawks in the 80s never made it to the NBA finals.  Would you call them big winners the way you would call Bird or Magic winners?

Doc is a great coach. Who else can mend together 3 allstars and bring the chemistry up that fast. obviously its Popovich and look how he turned them into champions. 4 out of the last 9. It all starts with the coach. your view is awful. they have winning attitudes and there very desperate and u dont have to win a championship to have winning playoff experience. each one of the big 3 have won playoff series. plenty of them. the coach is leading the big 3, lets all hope they can get out of the first round.