Author Topic: Game 7 Mindset (merged threads)  (Read 21527 times)

Re: Game 7 Mindset (merged threads)
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I would like to see the early season defense too.  how bout a little strait-up MAN on MAN ?? 

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2008, 10:00:04 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
The best team wins a seven game series.  That being said, now that we're down to one game, anything can happen (see March Madness or this year's Super Bowl).  That being said, if believing in Paul or KG or Ray Ray isn't enough, we can believe in having Red on our side.  He couldn't do much from his seat in his later years, but he has a ton of control over this game now.  I'm not a religious man but when it comes to sports and times like this, you gotta cling to what ever you can. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2008, 10:38:17 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
when it comes to sports and times like this, you gotta cling to what ever you can. 

and thats why i made and keep my sig...find sum pin hole of light....

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Game 7

One game. Anything can happen. The Hawks could have one of those games where they don't miss any shots.

Anything can happen. Anybody can win. Dangerous game.

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2008, 04:43:05 AM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
I'd like to see Doc go back to his early season rotation, I just want to see everybody get back into their comfort zone.

Dump PJ and Sam for game seven. The team doesn't know them, they haven't figured out how to use them well enough. They know Eddie House, they know Powe and BBD. They know their strengths, their weaknesses, how they move, what they like to do, how they'll react.

Get back to a comfort zone.

Exactly!

From the Hawks game 1 we needed to (especially at home) do rotations the way we did whole season and give more minutes to benchers, so they could get into it and when it is necessary come in to away game and not feel totally lost in the playoffs! We are too strong to give 40+ minutes to all starters in the first round HOME. We need to involve everyone like we did all season long. Maybe is too late now to change it.

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Game 7

One game. Anything can happen. The Hawks could have one of those games where they don't miss any shots.

Very troublesome. One minute I feel confident that this was a fluke and we go through the rest of the postseason unscathed. The next minute it's a feeling of gutwrenching agonizing pain.

We will know soon enough I guess.

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Game 7

Very troublesome. One minute I feel confident that this was a fluke and we go through the rest of the postseason unscathed. The next minute it's a feeling of gutwrenching agonizing pain.

We will know soon enough I guess.
Yeah I know what you mean. This is the first game were I'm actually nervous about the Celtics winning. There's no doubt they're the better team but in a one-off game anything can happen. There's no coming back from mistakes here or a hot Atlanta

What if Joe Johnson goes off again or Josh Smith starts hitting threes like game four.

Anything can happen, the things that can catch up with you over a series don't matter in one-off contests. Anybody can win, anything can happen. Dangerous.

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2008, 11:43:22 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I want VOTES OF CONFIDENCE. I can't take the what ifs right now....