Author Topic: What's next for the Boston Celtics  (Read 8042 times)

Re: What's next for the Boston Celtics
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 06:19:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think I have a bigger problem with the fact that there are men(I can excuse women) who can't recognize one of the most famous comedic lines in movie history.

Animal House is full of quotes that have become part of the lexicon of modern society:

"Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!!"

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

"Well, as of this moment, they're on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!"

"Toga! Toga! Toga!"

"Is that a pledge pin....ON YOUR UNIFORM"

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

Hoover - "They took everything, even the stuff we did't steal."
Bluto - "They took the bar! the whole f'ing bar!!!"

"Thank you sir! May I have another!"

I just can't believe there are guys over the age of 16 that do not have these quotes imbedded in their memory, or at the very least, haven't used one at one time or another. You deserve punishment!

"Now drop and give me 20!"

Oh and the OP is right, no need to jump off the Tobin just yet. In two weeks we could be playing the Pistons and all of this will be forgotten.

GO Celtics!!!

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923

These two are my favourites, particularly cause they got used by Twisted Sister.

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 06:58:32 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

These two are my favourites, particularly cause they got used by Twisted Sister.
Back in the formative days of MTV (when they actually played music videos), I had a running VHS tape of my favorites that I'd record.  The Twisted Sister video was right up there....What do you wanna dooooooooo with your life? I WANNA ROCK! 

Funny stuff.

Animal House is in my top ten faves of all time.  "Do you mind if we dance with yo dates?"
Yup

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923

Back in the formative days of MTV (when they actually played music videos), I had a running VHS tape of my favorites that I'd record.  The Twisted Sister video was right up there....What do you wanna dooooooooo with your life? I WANNA ROCK! 

Funny stuff.

Animal House is in my top ten faves of all time.  "Do you mind if we dance with yo dates?"

I carried an M16 in Nam and you carry that electric twanger.

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 08:46:32 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
What's next for the Boston Celtics?

Win Game 7 and keep on winning game after game, series after series. That's all we want.

Doc, if you're reading this blog, change your starting line up. Or, simply let other talented guys bring out their game - let TA, Powe and Eddie House do their stuff early in the game.  Your best 5 lineup is overexposed and therefore very predictable.  Please involve the other players. All our wins in our homecourt is not in any way an assurance we will beat Atlanta.  The Hawks are all fired up, ready to jump the gun on us.  They have momentum. Do something to overturn that momentum.

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 10:14:03 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Our education system is really in shambles.  Don't you people know your history?  Animal House ought to be mandatory viewing in all history classes.  That this many people can not reference the Germans quote has shredded my last bit of faith in humanity.

I can't believe so many people didn't get, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

God, how can anyone in this day and age, not have seen Animal House, or at least get that reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtP3whUbgZE

Late at night, an exhausting Celtics loss, the Internet and it´s impact on sarcasm, I´m german...Now that I saw that John Belushi vid, I remember it. Guess that`s why I assumed it was a joke.

TP for you, Celtic.  ;D
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 11:47:45 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
I feel like running my 1973 black cadillac into David Sterns reviewing stand - speaking of Animal House references.

Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 11:51:54 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
we need another starting point...thats what should be the next direction boston takes..next see what we can get for kevin and ray...

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 12:05:01 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'll agree with the OP and say that number seventeen is next for the Celts.  They'll win tomorrow, learn the error of their ways, and make the great run that we were all expecting a few weeks ago.  Here's to being positive and bleeding green for these guys.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 12:46:10 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I think I have a bigger problem with the fact that there are men(I can excuse women) who can't recognize one of the most famous comedic lines in movie history.

Animal House is full of quotes that have become part of the lexicon of modern society:

"Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!!"

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

"Well, as of this moment, they're on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!"

"Toga! Toga! Toga!"

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

Hoover - "They took everything, even the stuff we did't steal."
Bluto - "They took the bar! the whole f'ing bar!!!"

"Thank you sir! May I have another!"

I just can't believe there are guys over the age of 16 that do not have these quotes imbedded in their memory, or at the very least, haven't used one at one time or another. You deserve punishment!

Oh and the OP is right, no need to jump off the Tobin just yet. In two weeks we could be playing the Pistons and all of this will be forgotten.

GO Celtics!!!

Ahh, Google.

Missed the Animal House reference - my bad.

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 03:54:05 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Ainge and company have gambled everything on the aging trio.  "What's next?" had better be the Celtics advancing to round 2.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.